1991-1993 cougar XR7 taiillight reflector panel

XR7-4.6

Administrator
Staff member
Vehicle Details
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC TR3650
Country flag
That’s right, I put on a 91-93 grille yesterday and now I want the back to match lol

Primary prerequisite is the outer lens is intact; no cracks, chips or deep scratches. Inner cracks I can live with. Emblems would be preferable but not a deal breaker if missing or pitted.

Looks like this:

IMG_5585.jpeg

Not interested in 91-92 LS style (red ovals)

Last edited:
You could easily tint the oval from an LS if there are no emblems. Although I assume most you find will. There was one on eBay a half year ago for a ton of money.

You could easily tint the oval from an LS if there are no emblems. Although I assume most you find will. There was one on eBay a half year ago for a ton of money.

if I cut it open sure but I’d prefer not to do that. I k ow which one you’re talking about on flea bay, that seller’s awfully proud of it, he adds $50 for every year nobody buys it lol

if I cut it open sure but I’d prefer not to do that. I k ow which one you’re talking about on flea bay, that seller’s awfully proud of it, he adds $50 for every year nobody buys it lol
I found it back. It's actually an LS panel and he wants $339.

hey, my local guy has one, and I need to talk to him. They show a 92. There's a left and right, correct ?

Last edited:
They all have 3 pieces, right? any year more desirable out of 91-3?

edit: here's what's available:
LS, center
LS, ends Right
LS, ends Left
XR-7, center
XR-7, ends Right
XR-7, ends Left
The center piece is not available within 200mi, for xr7. Sorry. WTF do they mean, ends right? the corner lights?

Last edited:
hey, my local guy has one, and I need to talk to him. They show a 92. There's a left and right, correct ?
If it’s a 92 it’s probably a LS which has the red ovals, the outboard lights are the same though but those aren’t too hard to find

What's the distinctive feature that makes them unique? And all 3 pieces, or just the middle? I seem to remember something about backup lights, but I'm an idiot,lol.

The middle is the priority but if the outer taillights are nice I’ll buy the set.

The XR7 one simply has the oval areas under the emblems blacked out, whereas the LS ones it’s reflective red. All 93 Cougars have the black since Mercury made them all XR7s that year. They’re actually more common than the LS panel since 1993 was the highest production year of all MN12s, they’re just hard to find now because so many had the one-two punch 3.8/AOD combo to thin the numbers.

The local one is a 92. no center section. I've got to go down there; I've never had any success talking them down on a price over the phone,and they have several engines. There's a conti I want to look at it's cams. I'd love to find another set of xr3e cams. Ill take pix of what they have while I'm there.

If the lights are nice, I'd like a spare set. They're very tough to find in nice condition.

The closest center section, from a 92 is in jamestown, about 100 miles from me. So I'm no help.