Abs wheel sensors

bowez

Vehicle Details
93 SC
Country flag
I belive have damaged wheel speed sensors (multiple ABS codes, and what looks like a bent LF sensor). Is there a source for new ones, even if need to add some wire length?

It was bent over a lot more before I tried to straighten it.

20240918_110025.jpg

Youre lucky it came out of the spindle. Someone needs to find an aftermarket sensor that will work.

My experience with most fronts as well. I turned a few into mangled plastic/tin trying to get them out.

On early cars, absolutely! On the later ones, it actually works pretty well, so if it’s there, I’ll keep it.

Until you have 27” tires in front and 28.5” tires in back, then it goes all wonky lol 😆

They changed processors in the later abs units. I have the mcs96 motorola databook that lays out how it all works. It's a trip, counting time between pulses. I would think its simple single threaded brain is going to choke on tires of different sizes. I'd bet that would mess with the focus too, which is much later tech.

They changed processors in the later abs units. I have the mcs96 motorola databook that lays out how it all works. It's a trip, counting time between pulses. I would think its simple single threaded brain is going to choke on tires of different sizes. I'd bet that would mess with the focus too, which is much later tech.
Does the Taurus or Mustang use the same processor, or is it a mounting issue?

Data from my service manuals show it the same electric values.

Was look at Rockauto and visually the Crown Vic sensor look close to the same, yes there is an extra piece of metal in the tip,

Last edited:

My Focus doesn’t have abs, which is A-ok with me. Not that I planned on running big and little’s on it lol

I just pulled the abs fuse and cluster bulb in the Cougar. Someday I’ll convert the front hardlines and metering block to conventional(I have all them, just too lazy to go to the trouble)