New Owner

Congrats. Sounds like you had good help.

Nice! Let's see some pics!
We definitely need some pics!! It's a nice 95 Cougar. Silver with the grey interior. The previous owner was a local member on TSTSNBN with us. I had replaced the valve seals a couple years ago. Today we did a deep cooling system flush. Replaced the water pump, the rad hoses, the radiator, And messed with the stereo and a vacuum line under the dash. It is a good solid car and she looks nice too!

Awesome! Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing pics.

Ok, funny! But...overall I'd say there are way more expensive cars to own. Everyone collectively knock on wood now!

Parts unique to MN12 can be somewhat rare and expensive. On the other hand, exchangeable Ford parts are abundant and pretty cheap.

When keeping everything stock, these cars are probably one of the least expensive to keep on the road and maintain. Besides a few hard to find suspension parts they have similar reliability to a Crown Victoria.

When keeping everything stock, these cars are probably one of the least expensive to keep on the road and maintain. Besides a few hard to find suspension parts they have similar reliability to a Crown Victoria.
I know...I've owned Birds since the '89 intro and currently own a '97 Sport...along with Lincolns & Crown Vics.
Easily among the best cars in the world in terms of reliability & economical maintenance.

But it's still easy to spend a ton of money on them, depending on their condition or if they have particular issues.
And the meme is funny as hell.

These cars need the same maintenance stuff as any other cars, but it's all predictable.
The only fail I randomly had, had no real reason for, was when I hit the interstate, hit a bump, and broke the stator support off. Instant neutral, lol.
The bump was the edge of the concrete of the interstate:zshrug:

I've put almost a million miles on mn12s. 550k on Lazarus, 233k on the red cougar, and about 150k on the tbird.It'll take me a year of driving the red one to hit it.
They need:
Oil, every 3kmi $30
Trans fluid every 25kmi. $50
front end suspension rebuild, every 120k $300
rear end rebuild, every 200k $$300

Every 3 years:
Coolant change. $20
Spark plug wires $80
Every 5 years
Shocks $100-$2400
Tires $500
Brakes $100-500
Something I change on every mn12 I buy: Drive shaft. Aluminum $450

Last edited:
Spoiler! Nice. How's the interior look? Did it come with the 3.8v6 or 4.6V8? 94 or 95?

Spoiler! Nice. How's the interior look? Did it come with the 3.8v6 or 4.6V8? 94 or 95?
4.6, ‘95 and i wanna say the previous owner told me he installed the spoiler. Interiors a bit dirty but is in good condition (especially the dash), only con right now is the front seats have seen better days. Hoping to take the time sometime soon and clean a pair of leather seats given to me by supergordo.

Also forgot to add I spent a day replacing all the door speakers with (JL Audio c1-570x) and running the wiring for a subwoofer (12” kicker comp r) in the trunk.

Attachments

• IMG_1781.jpeg
    IMG_1781.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1780.jpeg
    IMG_1780.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 24
Also forgot to add I spent a day replacing all the door speakers with (JL Audio c1-570x) and running the wiring for a subwoofer (12” kicker comp r) in the trunk.
"You gotzta have yur priorities straight!"

It's the first thing I do, :Add wiring, add deck, build sub.
then , it's fix suspension, fix brakes, add pi intake,lol.

Dang... I want little cougars on my tail lights....

I hadn't seen that before. Stick on or a particular year?

I hadn't seen that before. Stick on or a particular year?
No idea where it’s from, saw it at the junkyard on a 96/97 cougar plastered with “classic edition”, had peanut butter brown interior and the head rests had the cougar logo with “classic edition” embedded in it and knew immediately I needed it. Super rad car

No idea where it’s from, saw it at the junkyard on a 96/97 cougar plastered with “classic edition”, had peanut butter brown interior and the head rests had the cougar logo with “classic edition” embedded in it and knew immediately I needed it. Super rad car
Could be dealer added or previous owner added it. I have never seen that on a Cougar.