Old TCCOA member Back

bowez

Vehicle Details
93 SC
Country flag
Posting here too per Derphound01 advice. Screen names look familar for some of yall

Well after a long hiatus, somewhere over 5yrs, yes I'm back.

Long story short I moved SC was stolen while in storage and just got it back yesterday; found it missing when went back to AR to view the eclipse. It was sold under a illicit duplicate title (signature was forged nevermind the duplicate request being fraudulent) and registered in Illinois. Now have to get it Titled in my new state and repair a broken harmonic balance bolt and track down what has been done to the wiring.

What has been the verdict on Rockauto balancers? Besides that just getting the wiring back to my standard and fix the tint, will need 3 new center caps. Amazingly the car is clean and basically undamaged.

Yes I waited to post until I secured the car, not knowing how the owner in Illinois would act, if he was here. Dustin if you are I'm sorry you lost the car and will give you any and all information I have for you to recover on your purchase of the car.

Grog I know your still here, I'm now less than 3hrs form you.

Awful story! Welcome back! Welcome to the new forum home!

Welcome! Glad you found us. We're trying to get as many away from that Corporate owned Canadian site - that should be called TCCoCanCorp -
as we can. (We also call the place TSTSNBN). :biggrin:

Wow! Awful, yet awesome story about your car. Glad you got it back and the car was still in decent shape. How the heck was the car even found/identified with all the titling shenanigans?

Wow, that's nuts. Glad you found it back. Hopefully the last purchaser gets some money back too ( unless he was in on the title fix).

Welcome! Glad you found us. We're trying to get as many away from that Corporate owned Canadian site - that should be called TCCoCanCorp -
as we can. (We also call the place TSTSNBN). :biggrin:

Wow! Awful, yet awesome story about your car. Glad you got it back and the car was still in decent shape. How the heck was the car even found/identified with all the titling shenanigans?
Called my Insurance company and within 30 secs they found it based on the VIN.

I believe the tow company that took the duplicate title from the thief is involved. They didn't ask for ID and have no contact info for a guy that for some reason felt compelled to clear the tow debt.

Welcome bowez!

Great to see you here and that you got your car back. @Derphound01 has been posting up over there with the link in this signature for people to come over here, people have been taking his advice! :thumbsup:

Joe

Got the title sorted now just have to send off for a replacement one, then get to register in my new state.

Illinois is surprisingly easy to deal with once you get the right department.

Your supreme court confirmation is going to be interesting!

Yes, compared to the Arkansas DMV. For IL was on the phone maybe 20mins and got the title resolved, on the phone with AR for 2hrs going in circles until got the information I needed.
I have not been in a DMV since I had my license renewed. Still takes an hour, no matter what time of day, what day of the week or what crescent the moon is in. I got an 8 year license last time. I feel for ya brother!