Ride height difference

Paulo_B0nz

Vehicle Details
1997 thunderbird 4.6
Country flag
I have recently got my car lowered using the vogtland 1.6” drop, and I’m happy with how the car feels after. However at certain angels the front of the car looks higher than the rear. Am I looking too much into this?
IMG_2973.jpeg

I have recently got my car lowered using the vogtland 1.6” drop, and I’m happy with how the car feels after. However at certain angels the front of the car looks higher than the rear. Am I looking too much into this?
View attachment 7553

First it looks great! I love the laser red LE combo! As for the springs It’s just how vogtlands are, both 1.6” and 1” drops tend to be tail draggers

Airlift bags fixed the rear for me

Your Tbird looks great! It can take a bit for everything to settle in with new springs. But who knows maybe that's not true and you just get used to it. :confused:

I did the Vogtland 1" drop, and used new rear poly spring mounts on rear. It seems to sit even, maybe just a touch higher in the back.

You can get the poly spring mounts from Super Coupe Performance if you want to raise it up a tad on the back

I thought that was just an internet joke until I moved to the deep South. You have no idea.... It is real, it is hideous, and very many trucks have their front only lifted..... :facepalm: :sick:
It is hideous, it’s calmed down since NC passed a law restricting front to rear height difference. There were some trucks a few years ago that were so extreme I have no idea how they could see out the windshield.

Last edited:
Car looks great!

But yes, this is because it's an even 1.6" drop on all 4 corners. Had the springs on the rear been slightly taller or the fronts slightly shorter, it wouldn't be an issue.

This is commonly called "The boat look" over on the Honda forums I'm on, as this is also an "issue" with certain springs commonly used to lower Hondas.

This doesn't get talked about enough anywhere, but the front wheel arch is taller than the rear on a lot of, if not most cars, including the MN12. The gap difference probably wasn't noticeable when the car looked like it was riding on stilts at stock ride height.

Last edited:
It is hideous, it’s calmed down since NC passed a law restricting front to rear height difference. There were some trucks a few years ago that were so extreme I have no idea how they could see out the windshield.
They made that illegal here too.
It's for people without enough hp to make the rear squat, lol