September 11, 2001

1726087213546.jpeg

A couple cards I keep close to my heart. KoC is my Dad's and the WTC #1 is my Brothers. I hate this fukking day. He got out alive but lost his mind due to the stress of everyone that didn't.

I was 21 at the time and have alot of family that where former military or enlisted because of this horrible event. I wasn't ever able to enlist due to physical injuries making it impossible to run since I was 16 but I've always had a massive respect for military and first responders so I'm glad to see it mentioned and people commenting in support. The men and women whom lost their lives and the many that where willing to loose their lives you are and will never be forgotten. Heros is what they are.

One of my sisters was running behind on her way to work that day, and was taking a shortcut through the lobby of the north tower when the first plane hit. She won't talk about it, and we don't ask. I can't imagine what it must be like for someone who personally knew people who were lost and have to re-live the experience every year.

I was still in bed, I was off that day. My gf called me, and said the first plane hit. as I turned on the tv and watched, the second plane hit. :(
I knew then, that we were going to war.

I gave blood for the first time in years today at the local Firefighters blood drive. First time I've seen a drive on this day, but felt I needed to go. Won't ever forget sitting in the hall between classes at college watching the news. One thing I miss greatly is the sense of community the country felt like afterwards. Didn't matter who we were voting for or what our differences were. We were just Americans, together.

Something most Americans that were around (and conscious) remember. I recall waiting at my in-laws house to go to the state fair that day. We were watching it on TV. When we did get to the fair, about 30 minutes later, they shut down the fair and everyone had to go home. My building I work at went into lock down as well (being a state owned building).

Just a shitty day all around.

And its not just lives of those that died during this, but the people that were working in the conditions of the rubble to get others out that suffered from breathing all that toxic crap and suffering from that for the rest of their lives. I remember being told to not buy a car from NY or anything that was in that area due to the vents collected that crap and it just kept blowing out for years to come. Well, I don't know about years... but they said you could clean out the vents and it might be okay.

I was still in bed, I was off that day. My gf called me, and said the first plane hit. as I turned on the tv and watched, the second plane hit. :(
I knew then, that we were going to war.
Same here Grog... I was home on 14 day leave from the Army. Only been home 2 days and woke up at my folks house and turned my TV on right before the 2nd plane hit... woke my dad up telling him all hell was breaking loose in NYC. We watched as the Pentagon got hit and as the plane went down on the way to the White House... I knew my leave was over... got the call to report back to base asap a lil after 4pm....