1988 Thunderbird TC

Mikey97D

Vehicle Details
'88 TC but I have always wanted a SC.
Country flag
I was a member on the old forum and moved over to here. Since graduating HS, I had always wanted a Midnight Blue '89 SC 5spd. Hasn't happened yet.....

I have had 2x '79 Thunderbirds and now an '88 TC.. Mostly stock with a couple of mild updates.

1988 Thunderbird TC, 5spd
Stinger 3" single exhaust, Cone Filter, Adjustable Cam Pulley, Schneider roller cam, Walbro 255 lph, AEM Wideband O2
'93 Mustang Cobra replica wheels on 235/50R17

1702056619198.png

1702056633724.png

1702056644772.png

1702056668230.png

1702056680627.png

She's a beauty!

Love the trunk liner
A friend made the trunk liner for me while he was a member of the Foxbody Club of Connecticut. He's since moved to Florida but I can put you in contact with him if you want one of your own.

Hope you don’t mind me picking your brain!

Love the wheels, plan on using the same ones on my TC.
Not a lot left to pick!

My co-worker made the decals for the center caps on his cricket machine. Really happy how they look.

My wife's car is having transmission issues so it went into the dealer yesterday and now today....maybe tomorrow too. My wife is driving my truck and the 'Bird is in commuter duty. There's one salt patch on a road that I say sorry everytime I go through.

Engage Project Creep!!!!!

That tiny ihi is going on the shelf, fmic being installed, and installed the an adjustable FPR to cover my lack of a tunable computer.

Ignore the coolant, cylinder 2 & 3 were discussing plans.

1721834427489.jpeg
Head is back on with new head gasket. New turbo in place and exhaust is connected. IC is mounted up front. Now just to find the time to plumb. Also going to add a cooler for the power steering since the power steering fluid was the worst smell like a burnt up automatic transmission.

I see you have a 255 Walboro also, I have an adjustable FPR sitting in my garage I was going to add. Are you using the stock brown top injectors? What are you setting your pressure to?
I have a slight skip under throttle I’m trying to figure out.

Back