96-97 EGR Tube

Chandar8

1st Gear Poster
Vehicle Details
1995 Thunderbird, 4.6
Country flag
If anyone happens to have an extra 96 or 97 EGR tube I'd like to take it off your hands.
Thanks!

The only possible source for those are junkyards, in a western state. Good luck!
You can't just use a piece of stainless tubing either, there's an orifice welded inside, and tubes coming off for the dpegr sensor.
Do you have one that's bad? or not one at all? I remember that you and gordo are building this car., I think. I think I traded you a blower for your wheels. :) Nice wheels. If I see any of the parts you need on ebay, I'll post them for you.

Last edited:
The only possible source for those are junkyards, in a western state. Good luck!
You can't just use a piece of stainless tubing either, there's an orifice welded inside, and tubes coming off for the dpegr sensor.
Do you have one that's bad? or not one at all? I remember that you and gordo are building this car., I think. I think I traded you a blower for your wheels. :) Nice wheels. If I see any of the parts you need on ebay, I'll post them for you.
We are getting ready to convert the 95 intake to a 96/97 style. We collected everything except the EGR tube. I'm sure we can find one in the yards. Just haven't had the time to go dig for one. Just throwing feelers out to see if anyone has one laying about. Never know...

I pulled the one off the FIL's 97 when I parted it out, but I can't recall if I used it, sold it, lost it, whatever. I'll have to do some digging in the coming days. No guarantees though.

Edit: Nevermind - I just remembered David Dalke needed it to modify my OG tube to work for my headers. Sorry. :(

True. But except out where you are, they aren't coming off in one piece. Seems like the pi one was different somehow, the red cougar is reusing the npi egr and throttle body section.

True. But except out where you are, they aren't coming off in one piece. Seems like the pi one was different somehow, the red cougar is reusing the npi egr and throttle body section.

PI or 96-97 NPI makes no difference with tube or valve fitment whatsoever

they just got in a 97 at the tallahassee pick n pull and I am dying to go see what is useable off it. If I can break away for a day I'll see what is left. thankfully most pickers leave the birds alone except to bust the front cover to get the cast tensioners.

they just got in a 97 at the tallahassee pick n pull and I am dying to go see what is useable off it. If I can break away for a day I'll see what is left. thankfully most pickers leave the birds alone except to bust the front cover to get the cast tensioners.
If you can grab the EGR tube I will pay shipping and whatever asking cost is

Well if you are gonna grab an EGR tube make sure you take a 1 1/16" combo wrench with you. It's a big nut

I've got some seafoam deep creep and an adjustable wrench I use on my TB. I don't know about the exhaust manifold end. We will see gonna try Sat.

Got rained out Sat. Try again this Friday. Needed excuse to take off from Work. Hope someone has already dropped Trans and exhaust system. Fingers crossed.

Got rained out Sat. Try again this Friday. Needed excuse to take off from Work. Hope someone has already dropped Trans and exhaust system. Fingers crossed.
Generallee, I found one for him yesterday. Problem solved!

I made good on the trip. I scored the header panel, drivers side corner light, IAC, instrument cluster (only 87k miles vs my 349k) AND the EGR tube. i wanted the ABS pump and controller and the back glass trim but I was happy. Probably go back an snag the rear knuckles as they don't mak'em anymore and at 87k they should be fine. car was slightly hit on right front so everything else is good except dash as the radio and a/c bezel were out. Engine appeared to be good as did the trans. Sprayed the deep creep when I got there and the top was a breeze. The manifold end was very rusty so I let it soak about an hour while I worked on other stuff. Thankfully the exhaust was gone. not a lot of room, but adjustable wrench and one decent pull and it moved. At that point it was mine. Had more trouble w/ them damn rubber tubes to the DPFE.