AC relay wiring help

JacobM03

1st Gear Poster
Vehicle Details
1992 Thunderbird Sport 5.0
Country flag
I am about done wiring my setup for my holley sniper efi on my 92 5.0 and ran into a bit of confusion with the wiring for my AC setup.

I had cut off a bunch of wires off the stock wiring to keep the AC relay and am getting back into it and can’t remember for sure where every wire goes.

With the pictures attached is the stock ac relay where im pretty sure orange/LB is WOT cutout, pink/LB is AC clutch signal, I think purple goes back to the compressor via the plug, red is just a power wire from the ECU main power and the black/yellow would just be a ground?

Would this setup make sense and work?

I would plug the WOT cutout to sniper output ground and ac clutch signal to the input ground.

Attachments

• B41DD84A-3849-4E40-8060-3F52BEC9187B.jpeg
    B41DD84A-3849-4E40-8060-3F52BEC9187B.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
  • 89866AF1-0DC8-49CC-B75E-40D2283293F2.jpeg
    89866AF1-0DC8-49CC-B75E-40D2283293F2.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 1
IMG_20240603_204125845.jpg
Does not specify motor, so I'm aiming these are all the same. This is a 1991 service manual

I think so. Purple isn't clear to me, but I'm not good at wiring diagrams

I think so. Purple isn't clear to me, but I'm not good at wiring diagrams
Looking at it now im pretty sure purple is just the dash switch wich would make sense as I didnt even think of that lol so the black and yellow looks like it goes to compressor, now im wondering if theres a connector already that would be wired for that or if I need to bring a lead all the way to the compressor.

Looking at it now im pretty sure purple is just the dash switch wich would make sense as I didnt even think of that lol so the black and yellow looks like it goes to compressor, now im wondering if theres a connector already that would be wired for that or if I need to bring a lead all the way to the compressor.
Okay I just checked over the engine harness and it seems like theres a plug I was missing that goes from the engine harness to the connector on the alternator harness that feeds the AC. So yes that wire seems like it will need to go right to the AC compressor.