Airbag Diagnostic Module

Thanks for that dDUBb. My takeaway us that I need to look for shorts along all the wires that are heavy black in the diagram. Is this correct?

Correct .. and note the "shorting bar(s)" .. you'll want to un-plug everything and do a continuity test between the harness connector ends and ground to see if a short exists.

Correct .. and note the "shorting bar(s)" .. you'll want to un-plug everything and do a continuity test between the harness connector ends and ground to see if a short exists.
Please explain this in Layman's words please....

Unplug the wire harness connector from airbag diagnostics module and locate pin #12 ... this is connected to a few components if you follow the dark lines in the circuit.
Set your multimeter to Ohms scale and put one lead on the pin for circuit 12 and the other lead on a Known good ground.
If no short exists you should read OL ( over limit ) ..

Checking the primary sensors is where the shorting bar note comes in. You'll need to remove this fuse looking bar from the connector - it connects to pin number 2 which is grounded. Once you remove that, you can do the same with thr multimeter and check pin 17 / known good ground and pin 18 / known good ground.

Looking over this FSM diagram it doesn't correspond to the EVTM harness posted earlier in the thread. I would match the wire colors to find the correct circuits.

Last edited:
Unplug the wire harness connector from airbag diagnostics module and locate pin #12 ... this is connected to a few components if you follow the dark lines in the circuit.
Set your multimeter to Ohms scale and put one lead on the pin for circuit 12 and the other lead on a Known good ground.
If no short exists you should read OL ( over limit ) ..

Checking the primary sensors is where the shorting bar note comes in. You'll need to remove this fuse looking bar from the connector - it connects to pin number 2 which is grounded. Once you remove that, you can do the same with thr multimeter and check pin 17 / known good ground and pin 18 / known good ground.

Looking over this FSM diagram it doesn't correspond to the EVTM harness posted earlier in the thread. I would match the wire colors to find the correct circuits.
Thanks man. I THINK I can manage this. Once again, when it stops raining I'll see what I can do!