supergordo

Staff member
Birdcats Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Vehicle Details
1995 Ford Thunderbird LX No Engine No Trans
Country flag
As posted on Youtube.

I can't wait to get mine installed. I picked mine up a couple weeks ago. Unfortunately I probably won't get to the install until November (still too much going on to take her off the road). My buddy is swapping his out in the next week or so (he had a noise in his motor, luckily it was just a broken rocker arm nut, so hopefully motor will be going right back in), another buddy probably won't be far after that. They are definitely a nice peice, way better than the first ones they did and no comparison to the original. I personally hate the strut rods, had to replace too many bushings over the years, so seeing the being eliminated made it a no brainer for me.

For those who aren't aware that's my SC getting the subframe installed. I'm currently working with Jim at AJE on getting the motor mount height corrected for the SC application. I've heard no issues on other engines.

I can't wait to get mine installed. I picked mine up a couple weeks ago. Unfortunately I probably won't get to the install until November (still too much going on to take her off the road). My buddy is swapping his out in the next week or so (he had a noise in his motor, luckily it was just a broken rocker arm nut, so hopefully motor will be going right back in), another buddy probably won't be far after that. They are definitely a nice peice, way better than the first ones they did and no comparison to the original. I personally hate the strut rods, had to replace too many bushings over the years, so seeing the being eliminated made it a no brainer for me.
I think that's why they sell the bushings in packs of three, lol.

Other than strut rod and their associated bushings being negated, what other benefits does this set up provide?

Other than strut rod and their associated bushings being negated, what other benefits does this set up provide?
40# weight savings, more room for activities, and in theory it's stronger. Plus if you wanted to do different lower shock mounts it's much more feasible to do so.

Last edited:
I can tell you from personal experience that it does give you a great deal of space to work down there. Rack and pinion job, high pressure hose? Easy. Header install... simple. And as stated weight.