Back to the new forum

Dusty

Vehicle Details
1995 Lx V8
Country flag
I stumbled on the "new" forum. I was on Birdcats before it moved to Tccoa. When Bill sold us out it got lame.
I have had my 95 LX V8 since 97 and it was my daily driver for 25 years until earlier this year and I retired, and finally got it painted and bought a Mazda Miata for my DD.

The performance mods were done in 2002 and it was a sleeper with the old clearcoat.
The short of it is PI swap, new trans with Jmod and 3000 stall converter, 373 pumpkin, custom exhaust, suspension and brake mods. I wanted it to still be a reliable car so nothing over the top.

I had it painted with the SC GFX and a Ram Air hood earlier this year.

I am glad to see familiar names on here. I was wondering where the knowledgeable people went, I did not think they sold their MN12s

Attachments

• Tbird front.jpg
    Tbird front.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Tbird Engine.jpg
    Tbird Engine.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
I stumbled on the "new" forum. I was on Birdcats before it moved to Tccoa. When Bill sold us out it got lame.
I have had my 95 LX V8 since 97 and it was my daily driver for 25 years until earlier this year and I retired, and finally got it painted and bought a Mazda Miata for my DD.

The performance mods were done in 2002 and it was a sleeper with the old clearcoat.
The short of it is PI swap, new trans with Jmod and 3000 stall converter, 373 pumpkin, custom exhaust, suspension and brake mods. I wanted it to still be a reliable car so nothing over the top.

I had it painted with the SC GFX and a Ram Air hood earlier this year.

I am glad to see familiar names on here. I was wondering where the knowledgeable people went, I did not think they sold their MN12s

Welcome! What’s the story on that? I always wondered how, when and why the name was changed from Birdcats to TCCOA. Any information or details you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome! What’s the story on that? I always wondered how, when and why the name was changed from Birdcats to TCCOA. Any information or details you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
I am not sure why the names changed, Bill changed it as I think he might have thought it was a better name. I think you were around when he sold Tccoa. Sorry I have don't have more info. Someone might know more.

We were trying to buy the forum, but bill sold it out from under us. For less than what we offered, iirc. I thought it evened things out a bit when his unvaccinated ass died of covid. But I digress; Welcome to the Forum! You have a nice car. I like the hood.

We were trying to buy the forum, but bill sold it out from under us. For less than what we offered, iirc. I thought it evened things out a bit when his unvaccinated ass died of covid. But I digress; Welcome to the Forum! You have a nice car. I like the hood.

That's not at all what happened. Bill sold the forum and told NO ONE, not even Shadowdragon or Mark M who was the freaking VP of the club! There was no fishing for buyers ahead of time, no announcement when it happened, just one day the forum got super buggy and then someone noticed "authority auto network" was now in the bottom header, and the cat was out of the bag.

When we we were trying to pool money together to buy the site, THEY were the ones we were negotiating with, not Bill. By that time Bill only existed in the background with AAN paying him to continue using the original server as theirs was not cutting it.

The pathetic part is Bill probably didn't make near the amount of money on the sale as other forum owners did selling directly to autoguide(verticalscope). AAN was a small company in comparison and their portfolio were a bunch of no-name car related webpages. I think they actually sold the forum because they were going out of business, they might have even told us just that. Out of curiosity I googled hem and their top results on google are our and SCCoAs forum topics about them. This one confirming my recollections:

To AANs credit, they were far more classy than Bill, they reached out to us first to buy the site back, and were entertaining our offers in at least a month long of negotiating. They really just wanted what they paid, and we were only a couple grand from it - I suspect the magic number was $10k. - When negotiations stalled at what, $6-7k? pooled between everyone I think only then they started looking for other bidders and with Autoguide hoovering up every forum on the internet at that time they may well have offered AAN a financial windfall. I've read of forums smaller than TCCoA(at that time) where owners walked away with near six figures. AAN very likely made substantially more on the sale of TSTSNBN than Bill did in 2010

My memory is cloudy then; that was right in the middle of a bunch of shit at work. Sad part is, they never used that design, and are still using the one I designed in 2007. Most reliable thing I've ever done; less than 1 in 100k failed thru anything other than wearout. With over 5 million in the field. :)

To AANs credit, they were far more classy than Bill, they reached out to us first to buy the site back, and were entertaining our offers in at least a month long of negotiating. They really just wanted what they paid, and we were only a couple grand from it - I suspect the magic number was $10k.
Pathetic indeed. It cost more for Bill to make his car look like a used bar of soap. The only reason I can think of why someone would accept being lowballed like AAN originally did to him would be crippling debt.

How big of a prick move would it be for me to bump that thread from 2010 on the old site? :rofl:
Bump one from 2002.... bump bump bumpity bump bump badump

I strongly urge no one bump these there, Jeff will most likely delete the whole thread rather than your posts and they'll be gone forever. These are good popcorn reading, not worth the risk :popcorn:

This was the first sale one. IIRC it gets pretty heated and Bill shows up after a while to deescalate. For context the forum for weeks up to this point was crashing constantly and embedded ad links were showing up in every post suddenly - for WEEKS. So when you some especially harsh words that seem out of line, remember he kept everyone in the lurch on what was going on in all that time, before the bombshell dropped.

This was the sale to AutoGuide(aka verticalscope). Marco seemed to have Jeff's old job, he wasn't bad, think we got Chatbox 1.0 from him and restored the OG logo (AAN made some generic bubble letter italic thing everyone hated)

Last edited:
I am glad you guys tried, I didn't know this. I logged on Tccox today and saw you Admins have been banned there. No loss and I see the future is here. I had not logged in a while and that was it.

I used to piss off everyone , posting on sccoa, lol. using too many curse words.

There has certainly been much more discussion and activity here.

I strongly urge no one bump these there, Jeff will most likely delete the whole thread rather than your posts and they'll be gone forever. These are good popcorn reading, not worth the risk :popcorn:
I think people should heed that suggestion and apply it to that entire forum. Leave it for dead. I think that's what should have been done from day one, but that's water under the bridge.

As entertaining as it was to fuck with Jeff, he's irresponsible and unprofessional, which makes him unpredictable in terms of punitive measures.

Also, I'll take this opportunity to reiterate that VS's shitty forum template makes threads completely unreadable without logging in.

I think people should heed that suggestion and apply it to that entire forum. Leave it for dead. I think that's what should have been done from day one, but that's water under the bridge.

As entertaining as it was to fuck with Jeff, he's irresponsible and unprofessional, which makes him unpredictable in terms of punitive measures.

Also, I'll take this opportunity to reiterate that VS's shitty forum template makes threads completely unreadable without logging in.

I don’t regret my taunting screen name message submissions but those only just made me all the more banned. Actually messing up the forum, yeah I agree. It’s in my rear view now, looking for those threads was the first I’ve looked there at all in weeks. Someday when VS goes belly up and they sell the thing in a fire sale it would be nice to buy it back and have that entire archive ported over here, so preferably it’s still there(we can dream lol)

You don’t like how it arbitrarily puts the first post of a thread as the first post of every page? Especially when the first post isn’t actually a first post but an artifact of the server clock being off? :rofl:

Last edited:
Reactions: Irv
Hell we still can't edit posts there. Leave it for the bots.

Hey John, glenn hills yard in rockwood is showing a tbird; they might have the radio surround you were looking for. It popped up in an engine search I run occasionally. I'm still hoping to find a supercoupe locally. :)

Duly noted. May try to swing by there this week.

I'd call and make sure they have it. Greg Hill was running it last time I was down there. They're good people; dude was married to a sister of one Of the guys I worked with in the 90's. There's a bunch of parts on lazarus that came from there. They have a few Teksid engines; there's a conti engine that's been sitting out for years, I think it's a 99, and needs to be checked for cobra cams. :) It's been in a fire, so I didn't look any closer.
Some conti's have xr3e cams.. All 99 up are dohc cobra c- heads. Those and a Mach 1 intake will clear the hood, with some effort. Dohc b-heads and intake will not clear.

Duly noted. We're in Lenoir City So Rockwood is just a hop for me.

There's quite a few local yards; lamberts and big reds on clinton highway, Tate in oak ridge, there's one in Crossville, but I've never been to it. They had an sc once, but it was gone before I called them.