Borrowed XR7 power

Welcome Fred! 😊

You might of heard about us from SCCoA, a lot of us are over there.

Nice Comet by the way! 👍🏻

Joe

I love early XR7s so I’m sad it’s body had to be sacrificed but I love early Comets! Excellent wheel selection btw!

I love early XR7s so I’m sad it’s body had to be sacrificed but I love early Comets! Excellent wheel selection btw!
The XR7 was a accident write-off, rode hard and put away wet way to many times. It was a full load red with gray interior.

My dad had a 67 comet GT, the headlights were stacked, instead of side-side. Yours looks nice, my dad's was in rough shape.It was a racecar when he bought it, lol.
So any major issues with the swap? Do you have a link to a build thread?

My dad had a 67 comet GT, the headlights were stacked, instead of side-side. Yours looks nice, my dad's was in rough shape.It was a racecar when he bought it, lol.
So any major issues with the swap? Do you have a link to a build thread?
Nothing fits. Comet engine compartment is tiny. Rear steer , rear sump pan, 5speed trans too big for tunnel, IC tubes need modding, hand built headers,oh ,,,, wiring,,, funfunfun
Just some of the challenge. Photobucket destroyed my build thread,,, I'll dig up a few pics swap is 20 years old.

66-69 Comets have much larger engine compartments than the 60-65, which are essentially restyled Falcons. Same clearance issues early Mustangs have I imagine, maybe even worse

I was going to say, my dads came with a 390 fe block, lol.
I think it had a 289 in it wen he gave it to my sis to drive to school. It caught on fire a year later, and was traded for a pinto. :)

Definitely looks like it belongs there with all the polished bits. Love to see a proper OEM+ build like that.

The factory put our engines in from the bottom, sitting on the k-member. Lots easier that way on an mn12 body.

The factory put our engines in from the bottom, sitting on the k-member. Lots easier that way on an mn12 body.

Back on those comets, and pretty much every unibody Ford until the Fox platform for that matter they were installed from the top, since the crossmember/strut rod mounts were permanently welded onto the frame rails and core support

MN12s (and foxes et al) copied Chrysler with the 1960 Plymouth valiant with the separate K member/engine assembly being lifted up from the bottom. Actually with with the exception of the torsion bars for springs Ford basically copied the 57 Chrysler front end, which the MN12 with its strut rods was a distant descendent of.

Back on those comets, and pretty much every unibody Ford until the Fox platform for that matter they were installed from the top, since the crossmember/strut rod mounts were permanently welded onto the frame rails and core support

MN12s (and foxes et al) copied Chrysler with the 1960 Plymouth valiant with the separate K member/engine assembly being lifted up from the bottom. Actually with with the exception of the torsion bars for springs Ford basically copied the 57 Chrysler front end, which the MN12 with its strut rods was a distant descendent of.
Being a BLUE BLOOD I'm going to have to say Ford improved upon an idea Chrysler cobbled together earlier.
Lol