Bullitt Intake Hood Modification and Cruise Control Cable?

KevinVarnes

4th Gear Poster
Birdcats Supporter
Country flag
Couple of questions on a Bullitt intake swap on a '97 4.6 2V:

I've read that installing the Bullitt intake requires some massaging or cutting of the structure of a stock hood (96/97) to clear the throttle cable. Does anyone have a picture of what that entails? I cannot find anything.

Second question pertains to the Bullitt cruise control cable. I believe the part number for the cable is 1R3Z-9A825-DA which appears to be the same for GT/Bullitt/Cobra (at least in the listings I am seeing) and also appears to be readily available. Also, as far as I can tell, the actual cruise control actuator (the box that mounts in the fenderwell) is the same between the regular Mustang GT and Bullitt. Can anyone confirm this?

I can’t answer specifics to the Bullitt but the controller you can use the stock Tbird one, the cable simply detaches from it and can be swapped. On mine with the DOHC swap I have a 96-97 module(converted from the stock 94 Vacuum servo) and a 03 Marauder cable.

I’d bet you could improvise a cable/bracket setup for better clearance. Worst case scenario you could also shim the K member down to gain hood clearance

I figured the controller would be relatively easy to remedy. Seems like a pretty simple setup.

The hood clearance thing seems strange to me. I guess I just find it weird that the throttle cable sticks up higher than the top of the intake. I'm not averse to clearancing the bottom of the hood a little if need be. I don't want to shim the K-member if I don't have to, but it is an option. I'm mostly curious just how much clearancing needs to be done.

Just trying to work out all of the kinks in my small brain before purchasing a bunch of expensive parts.

The only other thing in my head is the EGR tube. It would be great to maintain it, but I haven't seen any great solutions for the MN12 chassis. Too bad the EGR tube is different from the Mustang.

You could always acquire a cache of EGR tubes and do some custom cut/welding to adapt it to work. The main thing is to leave the area for the DPFE sensor alone (the section between the metering orifices).

Back