Bullitt intake or TF fit on 97 without a hole in the hood?

97 30th

1st Gear Poster
Birdcats Supporter
Vehicle Details
97 30th anniversary Cougar 05 Exp eng
Country flag
Tried poking around a little and couldn't find anything. Will a Bullitt or TF intake fit under a 97 hood without a hole in it? Since the good PI isn't aval anymore I would like to find a permanent solution.

Tried poking around a little and couldn't find anything. Will a Bullitt or TF intake fit under a 97 hood without a hole in it? Since the good PI isn't aval anymore I would like to find a permanent solution.

The TF seems to be a little lower than the Bullitt which might help, bracing needs to be clearanced regardless. The old tale seemed to be that stock OEM hydraulic motor mounts on a 96-97 will clear the skin, while the solid rubber mounts sat just a little taller causing hood interference. So I imagine taking that a step further with the current AJE which by many accounts places the engine higher it too would have issues.

Could always shim the K member down like I did to fit my 4V.

The TF seems to be a little lower than the Bullitt which might help, bracing needs to be clearanced regardless. The old tale seemed to be that stock OEM hydraulic motor mounts on a 96-97 will clear the skin, while the solid rubber mounts sat just a little taller causing hood interference. So I imagine taking that a step further with the current AJE which by many accounts places the engine higher it too would have issues.

Could always shim the K member down like I did to fit my 4V.
Thanks for the info. If I do get the AJE I could end up modding the engine mounts to get the stock height if that is the case.