coming around full circle.....

General Zod

Administrator
Vehicle Details
1997 Mercury Cougar XR-7
Country flag
This subforum was where I originally became a mod, and my general interest was in car audio & electronics. Then the damn performance bug bit me! I still love audio, and from time to time I check to see what is the latest and greatest in mobile electronics. While my sound system at home is killer, and now a days I only drive my F150 (obviously), but I definitely need to upgrade that audio (in addition to the rest of the car work I put on the wayy back-burner, I know!). I commute ~400mi to and from work for my 14-on/7-off schedule, and I'm getting tired of the stock F150 speakers on the long drive. I have enough crap (speakers etc) to set something up, I just need to get around to doing so. Right now I'm on nights 6pm-6am, and the schedule change from "days" is throwing me out of the loop! It's been a week, and just barely getting used to it. Luckily right now things are slow in the shop especially on nights, so I'm doing some online E-learnings/training modules that my job entails, and I'm trying to teach myself SolidWorks on my $9.99/month maker-account.

But anyhow, I need to see what I can do to the F150. Getting bass without sacrificing a lot of space is gonna be tricky. I'm thinking maybe one 12" Cerwin-Vega! Stroker in a slim, but wide box underneath the rear seat might just work to get some decent bass output if I can squeeze a decent amount of cuft out of it. I don't need anything too low, 40ish Hz on the low-end should be plenty for metal. I don't wanna drag this out and make a long project out of it (we all know how that ends up! LOL), but something I can perhaps finish in the 7 days that I have off; well more like 5-6 days if you count the 7hr drive back home and then another 7 hr drive for the next 2-week hitch. I still have a set of Cerwin-Vega! mid-bass speakers and horn tweeters that I had bought many years ago with hopes of putting them in the Cougar, but I may as well try to get them into the F150 if I can manage.

uc

I'll probably just end up putting in some decent 6x8's/6x9's and call it a day though, lol.

Welcome Oscar! As you were the one who promoted me to moderator I gladly return the favor here and make you Admin once again. Don’t break anything. 😆

Welcome Oscar! As you were the one who promoted me to moderator I gladly return the favor here and make you Admin once again. Don’t break anything. 😆
Man, it's been so long, I don't even remember doing that! It's been what, 21 years since I originally joined (the old TCCOA)!!

He made me administer, I think he might of been busy and needed someone to watch the store!😇

Joe