Fuel injector cleaning rebuild services?

KevinVarnes

3rd Gear Poster
Country flag
Curious if anybody has experience with any injector rebuild services. Long story, working on a '07 Suburban that sat for at least 2.5 years when it came to me. The timing chain jumped and bent all of the intake valves. Got it back together with new oil pump, timing set, and rebuilt heads among other things. It runs, but roughly and has random multiple misfires. I think I've ruled out ignition. I believe sitting for so long with fuel in them didn't do the injectors any favors so I was going to send them out to be rebuilt.

It looks like WitchHunter is no longer in business and he recommends Advanced Injector in Wichita, KS. I also see a place relatively close to me called Cruzin Performance, but I don't know what his turn around time is. Aftermarket rebuilt injectors don't seem to have a real good reputation.

If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears.

When i went through this, it ended up being the same $$$ to buy new flow matched injectors as it was to get them refurbished. But this was Ford injectors not sure about yours

I built a rig to run chemtool b-12 thru them, and replaced the screens. the guy on ebay I buy parts from does this, I'll look him up if you're interested. It's amazing the black crap that comes out of them.

When i went through this, it ended up being the same $$$ to buy new flow matched injectors as it was to get them refurbished. But this was Ford injectors not sure about yours
New GM injectors are $63 each. Most rebuilding/cleaning/testing services I see are $20-$30 each. This guy has no money and I'm basically doing all of this work for no labor so I'm trying to find the most economical option. Where did you get your flow matched injectors from?

I built a rig to run chemtool b-12 thru them, and replaced the screens. the guy on ebay I buy parts from does this, I'll look him up if you're interested. It's amazing the black crap that comes out of them.
That sounds interesting, but I have no ambition/time to mess with them myself. If it were my own rig I'd probably give it a shot. At this point I am good sending somebody money to fix/flow/test them so I know they are 100% and I can hopefully get this thing out of my pole barn once and for all.

I use different size syringes for dispensing locktite and glues. a 20 ml syringe fits an injector. I feed it with a 200cc syringe, and pulse the injectors for about a 50% open cycle. I pull the screens first. a #10 sheet metal screw fits inside, and will pop them out. Don't go deep! Buy new style green and blue o-rigs, at the same place as the screens on ebay.

11 years ago I used Mr. Injector.
He provided before/after flow measurements which showed that flow increased on a few of the injectors by up to 8%. Probably not worth it in my case.
Turnaround time was about a week including shipping.

It seems he's backlogged now and is quoting a much longer turnaround time (3-4 weeks). In your shoes, I'm not sure i'd use them.

Eh. Yeah, I'm hoping to not have to wait that long. I contacted Cruzin Peformance, but it appears he went from semi-retired to mostly retired so he won't be able to help. Waiting to hear back from Advanced Injector. I am surprised at how many shops offer this service. I also see this service listed on ebay for anywhere from $8-$15. I have to wonder what kind of service you get for that price.

To be fair, its really not rocket science. If you already have the cleaning machine that plugs into the major injector options, running the test is automated and probably only takes <10min per set of 8. swapping out the caps and screens probably takes 5 min more so including packing, maybe 20-30min of work max with over half of that period automated.

Here's a company (no idea if they are any good) that discusses their tests.

This ebay vendor seems to offer a similar service

The machine itself looks to be $250ish + <$100 in fluids so they are making money, just not a ton of it.

Never heard back from Advanced Injector. I am shipping them out today to Injector RX down in Houston. Hopefully they can get them working properly. I'll report back how they do.