I have a dream! Or is it anightmare?

Generalee0527

1st Gear Poster
Vehicle Details
97 Tbird, pbr front brakes, Sport edition 4.6 w/ 346k total miles by me the one and only owner.
Country flag
So I had an ordeal working on the wife's '17 Jaguar XF where I had to remove the supercharger and put it back. Soooo, I realized from the intimate study of that screw that it is ingenious in there are no runners and the height of the combined unit fits tight under the hood of a mid-sized sedan. So I got to thinking (Very dangerous I know!) Jaguar has a 5.0l v8 w/ similar supercharger/intake design as the 3.0l v6 I just handled. Oh look at this. It could possibly fit on a 4.6 and fit under our hoods. Ports are different and spacing Is a ? But if I hit the lottery I know what I'm doing. That thing makes 500HP. 20240906_211207.jpg20240906_211334.jpg20240906_211855.jpg20240906_211841.jpg

You'd have to fashion a valley plate as well as weld in the correct runners but otherwise would be a nice fit. It's just it sounds much easier than it would really be.

It would be far less fab a and far less money to add a cheap eBay turbo.

Besides the blower rotors there’s not much I see useful there. It’s very specialized compared to a basic M90/M112/etc

If you have an old manifold, you could cut it up for runners. I have a 93 mark intake I'd sell, $50 Plus shipping.
These days, you could 3d-print an adapter.

Last edited:
I like that it has intercooler already in the lid. The coolant line out of the pump could stay and it is just dealing with the rear outlet. I think it can be done I just don't have the time and place to deal with it. Besides I drive my bird everyday. But a used charger can be had off fleabay for $700 or less. If I hit the lottery then I'll do a build. The intercooler has its own electric pump and small radiator up front. Biggest obstacle would be the drive by wire for the TB as current cable and tps is a no go. Then this thing uses a map sensor so maybe go to a Megasquirt ecu. Just dreaming for now.

Back