Kinked fuel line

GRWeldon

5th Gear Poster
Country flag
I have a kinked feed and return line from the fuel pump on my 94 SC. I have successfully removed the poly fuel line graciously given to us by the factory. Is there any reason why I can't or should not go with traditional rubber fuel hose to replace it?

You need a new hard line from a jy car. Talk to one of the guys that do regular runs; They're easy to waste with a jack. My "helper" Did that on the tbird.

I don't need a hard line. I thought I mentioned it was a poly line that was kinked. Supply and returm from tank to hard line. I DID replace the poly with rubber. Since I can't get a pump to work the tank is still out. I'll change the rubber lines to silicone or teflon before it goes back in. Thanks for the tip. The car is stuck on my lift until I get it running. Looks like the wallet dictates at least 30 days from now, maybe more. It's OK, I have 3 engines to pull. I'll have to do it on the concrete floor with jack stands. At least it's not dirt.

It’s not just the ethanol, it’s the pressure, there are high pressure fuel hoses with rubber on the outside/ Teflon on the inside but most typical fuel hose is for low pressure systems

You can buy high pressure line, but it's not cheap. Rock auto had all the different types. In the universal parts tab, under
Hoses/Lines & Clamps > Fuel Line / Hose > Fuel Line / Hose. You need the stuff that goes to 50 psi at a minimum. They also have barbed ends to fit the fuel rails. I used to get the blue goodyear hose from them, but goodyear got bought out.

What is the actual fuel pressure of an SC? Is it different from an LX?

Yes .. any amount of boost on a regulator will increase fuel pressure above what an LX would see at WOT.

The fuel pressure varies due to manifold vacuum, or boost. The injectors need 40psi to flow rated fuel flow.