Latest insane thought:

I can say that the rear end under the hatchback of the Prius is much larger than one would expect. A 302 is also not a very large engine by comparison to any of the Modulars, though a bare block isn't very substantial point for comparison. ;)

I love the puzzled look I get every time I tell the Home Depot guys I'm putting 1.5 yards of mulch into the Mark, followed by the bewilderment of it actually (comfortably) fitting and subsequently riding level. :biggrin:

Then when I get home and unload it, my wife is amused as she watches the hind end transform from lifted SUV back to car in about 20 seconds.

You could take the engine apart and spread the weight around. Like heads in the trunk, block in the passenger seat area if you take the seat out and the rest of the internals in the back seat

I love the puzzled look I get every time I tell the Home Depot guys I'm putting 1.5 yards of mulch into the Mark, followed by the bewilderment of it actually (comfortably) fitting and subsequently riding level. :biggrin:

Then when I get home and unload it, my wife is amused as she watches the hind end transform from lifted SUV back to car in about 20 seconds.

Is the loud ass whirring sound the air springs? It doesn't always happen on the first start of the day

The air compressor is in the RF fenderwell. It's supposed to raise itself half an inch or so to city height after you turn the car to on (with all doors closed). Unless it's getting ready to fail it shouldn't be super loud though, I can't really tell when the compressor's running while the car is moving at any speed. While stopped I can feel it a little though.

I typed in "Harriman" and it pulled up Lenoir City as the closest store. Lol.

Billy's is stellar. One of my favorites. I wish they had better hours though. 10-5 only on the weekdays isn't conducive to living in Loudon county and working in Knoxville.
It's the daughter now running it; the parents died, Abie is in the army, and Ziad is a software engineer at Siemens MI

Harbor Freight to the rescue. Not a cheap option though you could return it if not too much oil and grease on it.
Screenshot 2024-06-07 181628.jpg