New Engine/New set-up on MTNCAT.

Mtncat

Vehicle Details
1996 Cougar XR7 Special Edition 4.6L 4V Naturally Aspirated
Country flag
Since we are here now and not TCCOA I wanted to let everyone know I now have the MTNCAT issues corrected and the car is back together.

For those that don't remember, I had oiling and timing chain issues with the other 4.6L 4V engine that was installed and pulled it back down after it damaged a cylinder. I ended up putting a new block together with the old Crank and rods, new pistons and had the factory heads rebuilt. Now things are working as they should.

Have had little time to get it dialed in but did take the car to the NMRA event in Norwalk Ohio, June 6-7-8, 2024. The car ran a best of 11.63@ 117.92 MPH Naturally Aspirated and a 11.69 @ 11.69 MPH in Rd 1 Eliminations Lifting at the line. We still have more tuning to do since that was on the old tune from the previous motor.

Suppose we will see what it has by the end of the year with some tweeking on the tune and better track conditions. I'm looking forward to fall.

Since we are here now and not TCCOA I wanted to let everyone know I now have the MTNCAT issues corrected and the car is back together.

For those that don't remember, I had oiling and timing chain issues with the other 4.6L 4V engine that was installed and pulled it back down after it damaged a cylinder. I ended up putting a new block together with the old Crank and rods, new pistons and had the factory heads rebuilt. Now things are working as they should.

Have had little time to get it dialed in but did take the car to the NMRA event in Norwalk Ohio, June 6-7-8, 2024. The car ran a best of 11.63@ 117.92 MPH Naturally Aspirated and a 11.69 @ 11.69 MPH in Rd 1 Eliminations Lifting at the line. We still have more tuning to do since that was on the old tune from the previous motor.

Suppose we will see what it has by the end of the year with some tweaking on the tune and better track conditions. I'm looking forward to fall.

Congratulations Steve! I admire your tenacity! Having been through engine issues myself I know how frustrating it can be. Be careful with that bottle!

Maybe give a hit of bottle by year end. We'll see.