Beautiful! I thought your flag pole was an antenna at first hah

Beautiful ride, I love the green color and the cowl hood, welcome to the community!

Welcome!

The auto antennas strip the nylon gears, when you drive it cold. The ice in the antenna segments cause it to strip the track that moves the stalk up and down. The guts can be replaced, if you look around, you remove yours, and feed the new one in. Nice car!

Last edited:
The auto windows strip the nylon gears, when you drive it cold. The ice in the antenna segments cause it to strip the track that moves the stalk up and down. The guts can be replaced, if you look around, you remove yours, and feed the new one in. Nice car!
The nylon gear teeth were fine on mine, the gear rope snapped in half. Easy to fix though

Same with mine; the rope disintegrated. There were chunks of it in the motor housing, and a cheap universal feed-in replacement was all it needed. :)

+1 if you clean out the remnants; it's 3 bolts, iirc, and lube it up with silicone grease, like dielectric grease. silicone repels water, which the case has a drain for, iirc. I killed one driving to work; it extended in the morning parked,while I listened to the news for my drive, and traffic reports. By the time I had heard the news, and switched to the cd player, it had frozen; the noise was a bitch, as it ate the gears.:roll:

I was hit by a deer so thats why my only mods are a fender, hood, and maintenance items. My short list in the very new future is truebendz exhaust and j mod and since i have the hood clearance a new cai instead of the flat stock set up. Beyond that plans are new drive shaft, explorer engine, mustang procharger kit, and mew convertor

Ick! Well, thank you for repairing the car and keeping it on the road. :thumbsup:

Sounds like you've got a good plan in place. Might be worth checking out a PBR brake upgrade too. (I need to write that up as an article, now that I think about it...)

2004 has our banjo bolts. Powerstop has red powdercoated ones.

You can also get the corresponding banjo bolts if they’re wrong, I never got the hubbub over matching them, it’s not like the fine thread ones don’t work with our likes. I had to get the fine thread ones with my Cobra calipers

Pretty much every reman’d caliper I have ever bought came with new banjo bolts. I just order whichever one is cheaper for the PBR swap.

I don’t like red calipers, I painted mine blue to complement the exterior.

Ick! Well, thank you for repairing the car and keeping it on the road. :thumbsup:

Sounds like you've got a good plan in place. Might be worth checking out a PBR brake upgrade too. (I need to write that up as an article, now that I think about it...)
Brakes definitely need done. Gonna get the kit Bob sells on super coupes unless you have a cheaper better option

I have a similar dent on the bird, it was there when I bought it. You can only tell if the sun hits it just right. Anyone who's seen my car doesn't remember it ever being there. For some reason, Ive seen a couple other birds online with dents in those locations

1708641906229.png
1708641932436.png

The calipers mentioned on the old place were 2002, those need coarse thread bolts. Our calipers have fine thread, and won't swap over. The ones I bought from ra didn't come with any, so it took a week to order some. That's why I say 2004, because you can reuse yours, if there's none in the box. I'm going to do this soon, so I'll try to get pix of the spindle mods.

That's not a bad price for a cobra pbr with a tbird logo!

I bought rotors from them way back in the early-aughts, but they didn't respond to me the last time I tried contacting them about 15 years ago. I don't remember what it was for though, maybe powder coating my Cobra calipers at the time?

Also, I have to mention that the Thunderbird logo they use is slightly messed up and it annoys me to no end. Its feet aren't connected at the top.

:rofl: Is everyone else here OCD too? I certainly have my moments. :)
I think they have the stainless lines too. I'd be paying them to do the feet blue, lol.

Last edited: