OBDII Scanner Recommendations?

NEURO

1st Gear Poster
Vehicle Details
1997 Ford Thunderbird LX Sport with 4.6L V8
Country flag
I'm looking for recommendations on a solid OBDII scanner for a '97 Bird that I can buy for a reasonable price.

I currently have an Autel 419 (bought in 2018) that's ok and does the basics, but doesn't provide enough info or graphing of data that would be useful for tracking down an idle tremor in my Bird. Others here have suggested buying a better scanner, but I don't know enough to make an informed decision.

I've considered the BlueDriver scanner and others on Amazon and read some stuff about FORScan...but I'm not sure what I'm looking for or what I need...and don't want to throw money at something not useful or more than I need.

I'm not looking for anything crazy or high-priced to change tuning or other advanced stuff...just a solid scanner with the capabilities I stated.

I figured asking here is the best route, since most have used various scanners and would know what I'm looking for in a good scanner for Birds.

Thanx 8-)

I've used Forscan on my 2011 MKZ and my 95 LX 4.6. Forscan is impressive with the MKZ and the dozens of systems built into the car. Forscan for the MN12 is a bit overkill because we don't have the tech of later vehicles.. but Forscan is dirt cheap compared to many other standalone options. Take your laptop, buy a USB to OBDII port adapter for around $35, download and install free software.

I use the torque app on an old Android tablet with a cheap Bluetooth OBDII reader.

I've used Forscan on my 2011 MKZ and my 95 LX 4.6. Forscan is impressive with the MKZ and the dozens of systems built into the car. Forscan for the MN12 is a bit overkill because we don't have the tech of later vehicles.. but Forscan is dirt cheap compared to many other standalone options. Take your laptop, buy a USB to OBDII port adapter for around $35, download and install free software.
Thanks for the info. There's all sorts of FORScan downloads on Google, so not sure which one.
Is this a PC app, phone app, and where do you recommend I download if from?

Thanx

Thanks for the info. There's all sorts of FORScan downloads on Google, so not sure which one.
Is this a PC app, phone app, and where do you recommend I download if from?

Thanx
It’s a PC program, I got mine off of Amazon for around $30. It should come with the disc to download the software.

Last week, I invested in the OBDLink EX connector & installed OBDwiz and FORScan, then tinkered with collecting data from both programs according to the instructions. Not sure if I'm doing it right or what files from FORScan to post for anyone to analyze, regarding the tremor issue my Bird is having.

Although I ran both programs, no codes show up...but I don't know how to interpret the other data, graphs/charts, etc, or if I tested correctly, so any help is appreciated and I can post any data files back to be eyeballed.

The idle tremor issue I'm having is posted here on BirdCats:
Tremor while in gear & need help - 97 Thunderbird LX Sport 4.6L

Thanx