Octastar on Thunderbird?

Country flag
So my junkyard findings have been frustratingly slim recently. Plenty new MN12 came in, but they're all in really poor condition.

Meanwhile, a very nice Mark VIII just hit a local yard, with a nice set of the chrome "Octastar" wheel. Such as this:

dscn1956.jpg

Has anyone ever mounted these on a Thunderbird? Would love to see photos.

The Lincoln logo would drive me nuts. I say that with experience having had the tweed SC seats with the Thunderbird logo in my Cougar lol

Those wheels are popular with the FN10 crowd. Maybe gauge interest on the FB groups.

Ha!

Generally I would be of the same opinion. Just always loved these wheels.

I do as well, a lot of people love the LSC spirals but I personally don’t like directional wheels. I’ll say this though Octostars would be a better fit on a Cougar than Tbird, they kind of look like an upsized classier version of the 93-95 snowflake wheel

I told a kid at the local Advance AP with a ratty Cougar that I had a set of six pristine Octostars (4 with Michelin's and 2 with MT's) for him. He was rolling on belts and thought I was selling them. I said just come pick them up no charge.

1728777453625.jpeg

@Big Scott
That looks great!

Yes! And the ones attached to the drivers seat. I’m looking for both sides in any color.

Next time I'll be there I'll let you know. Note that the ones on the Mark are straight whereas the MN12 ones have a double-curve shape. I'm using modified Mark ones in my car because I feel the MN12 ones produce unwanted slack in the belt.

I told a kid at the local Advance AP with a ratty Cougar that I had a set of six pristine Octostars (4 with Michelin's and 2 with MT's) for him. He was rolling on belts and thought I was selling them. I said just come pick them up no charge.

View attachment 8241

Good lad! Love to hear stories of car folk giving to their 'kin'

@Big Scott
That looks great!

Next time I'll be there I'll let you know. Note that the ones on the Mark are straight whereas the MN12 ones have a double-curve shape. I'm using modified Mark ones in my car because I feel the MN12 ones produce unwanted slack in the belt.
These will actually be going into my Turbo Coupe, I read on the forums that the Mustang ones work with modifications, but I compared my 94’s to my TC and they’re exactly the same. I’d be happy if you could find the MN12 ones.

View attachment 8241
I think they look great on the Cougar, especially the 96-97. Don't think they match the Thunderbird body at all though.