Space stuff

Boeing really doesn't have a good name for quality anymore. And if you show up with a parachute, you get arrested. :) (I was going from knoxville to atlanta, to base jump. It was in my checked bag. :)

Boeing really doesn't have a good name for quality anymore. And if you show up with a parachute, you get arrested. :) (I was going from Knoxville to Atlanta, to base jump. It was in my checked bag. :)

No way! 😲

I guess they don't want another DB Cooper incident, but it was in your checked bag?

I never knew you were a jumper. That's cool.

We did crazy shit in our 20's. Mid 80's. There's a hotel resturaunt on the roof of a building in downtown Atl. We ate lunch, tossed off our windbreakers which we had over our chutes. Paid the bill, gave the waiter a big tip lost the jackets, and 5 steps over the balcony, while everyone else was eating din. :) Steerable chutes, landed about 30 feet from my car, stuffed the chutes in the back seat, and took off. 4 door subaru, lotsa glass. We find the cops are sitting at the next intersection, I told my buddy "Act natural". The cop asked me if w'd seen two guys running,and of course we didn't. They looked straight at us, and there were two brightly colored chutes stuffed into the back seat.:) We drove back to tennessee.

We were going to meet some other people, but we were late. We had to drive down. But that's how the cops knew where to look for us, lol. The other guys had already jumped earlier.

I think I was acting out my military desires, lol. Some of the guys I learned to jump with were the guys in the cocaine bear movie. They imported weed in the 70's Then went to work for Ollie North. Andy Thornton was the guy that threw all the cocaine out, he died that day, didn't cut loose a
I bag, and hit the ground with it, and broke his neck. It was in the knoxville tn paper; he landed on Island home, near a private airport.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_C._Thornton_II

If nasa is worth a fuck as an agency, they won't let that pos fly again, without a bottom up review of All their engineering Processes and QC by professionals.

I would absolutely pick them up with a spacex capsule, and see f that pos boingo craft survives reentry filled with trash. :)

New ISS fun. They had to retreat to the three spacecraft for possible escape due to a Russian satellite exploding in leo.

Launch in a few minutes:

9:03est Launch time.

Dan, if you look southwest you should see the Firefly Alpha launch from vandenburg.

I would absolutely pick them up with a spacex capsule, and see f that pos boingo craft survives reentry filled with trash. :)
Apparently, nasa agrees with me.

Any bets on the capsule wen they re-enter it empty? or do you think we'll be told it was intended to be destroyed on purpose, on reentry?

Last edited:
And the SpaceX suits are not compatible with the Starliner suits. At this rate, if we all got some ape costumes and appeared in them when these astronauts finally DO land, it won't be the same planet anymore, lol.

We need a stump of the statue of liberty's torch... and roddy mcdowell,lol.
This is going up tomorrow:
August 28Falcon 9 • Polaris Dawn

Launch time: 3:38 a.m. EDT (0738 UTC)
Launch site: LC-39A, Kennedy Space Center, Florida

A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket will launch a Crew Dragon spacecraft. The Polaris Dawn mission will be commanded by billionaire Jared Isaacman, making his second trip to space. He will be joined on the all-private mission by pilot Scott “Kidd” Poteet, and SpaceX employees Sarah Gillis and Anna Menon. The first stage booster B1083 is making its fourth flight and will land on the drone ship “A Shortfall of Gravitas” about nine and a half minutes after launch. The Crew Dragon will return to a splashdown at sea. Delayed from November and December 2022, March 2023, April 2024, early summer 2024, Aug. 26 and 27.