SVO Motorsports Cat-back

KevinVarnes

4th Gear Poster
Country flag
Old NOS SVO Motorsports cat-back for 89-91 SC. If it were for the 92+ I'd be all over it. No pics of the actual kit, but pretty cool nonetheless.

Just when I thought I knew everything, I had no idea such a thing existed! I wonder how many kits were actually ever made, I don’t think I’d have the heart to even install that on a car

No clue, although I bet they made a few. My 1997 catalog shows it listed at $700.95 which is a lot of 1997 dollars. The Mark VIII system was $1032.95!!

I distinctly remember getting this catalog in anticipation of all of the sweet Thunderbird specific parts I could order for my car and finding this and some mudflaps. Everything else was Mustang :2confused:

Attachments

• IMG_2986.jpg
    IMG_2986.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 8
There were a lot of cool parts for our cars back in the day. In 98, when My dad first bought Lazarus, I remember him having a catalog of parts and accesories.

I wish I had catalogs that old, my oldest is 2007 and there are actually a few MN12 bits in it but not a lot.

You can find old Motorsport catalogs on ebay for sale. Some less reasonably priced than others. I get the feeling they didn't change a whole lot year to year.

Wow, surprised this was a thing. Pretty cool

It's really not a lot different than the old Dynomax cat-backs you used to be able to buy for these cars except Motorsport slapped their name on it and jacked up the price. Nice thing about the Borla kit is it is 304 stainless so it undoubtedly held up much better than the aluminized steel Dynomax kit even though I know XR7-4.6 doesn't like the underwater burbly Borla muffler sound ;). One of my friends back in the day had a '94 SC with a Borla cat-back and it sounded pretty good.

It's really not a lot different than the old Dynomax cat-backs you used to be able to buy for these cars except Motorsport slapped their name on it and jacked up the price. Nice thing about the Borla kit is it is 304 stainless so it undoubtedly held up much better than the aluminized steel Dynomax kit even though I know XR7-4.6 doesn't like the underwater burbly Borla muffler sound ;). One of my friends back in the day had a '94 SC with a Borla cat-back and it sounded pretty good.

Hey I have much differing tastes depending on engine, V8s don’t need that underwater bassy sound IMO but one of the best sounding V6s I ever heard was my friends 92 SC with Borlas before he got a resonator in addition. You might know him since he use to attend shootouts regularly, @platoribs (Chris G)

Yeah, I remember that "flying car" avatar he had. Now, we'd all know him if he'd sign up! :rofl:

Yeah, I remember that "flying car" avatar he had. Now, we'd all know him if he'd sign up! :rofl:

In fairness he’s MN12less now looking for other avenues unless he still has the timberbird(I hope he does, I still have splinters from it lol)

IMG_1701.jpeg

IMG_1702.jpeg