• MTY MOD
  • GO BIRD
  • STROKED
  • BORED
  • BRLYLGL
  • GOTGEAR
  • TIRFRYR
  • SMOKER

I Think in most states there's an eight character limit.

THNDR
THNDRBRD
SVTBIRD (My plate)

Generally. I'm personally not a vanity plate guy. I just had a note card with these written down and thought I'd post here if anyone was interested for themselves.

I'd thought about BAD KTY, as a reference to the car and my age(South Park was big when I was in high school). The other one was BLCKCAT, as my cough is black. I don't mind them if they have meaning. I dislike names. Why give anyone that info...

6 characters here in MA. Vanity plates are expensive, and there are too many rules regarding numbers/letters which makes it very difficult to make anything cool. VS new hampshire where vanity plates are free.

AWSOM 94

1698251819687.png

That said for the same reason I'd never get a tattoo I don't see myself getting a vanity plate, I'm just too indecisive, and a cheapskate.

I got vanity plates for practical reasons. I can still remember the first plates I was issued in '89, but I could never remember any of my replacements. I got the plates in my avatar just so I can remember them.

6 characters here in MA. Vanity plates are expensive, and there are too many rules regarding numbers/letters which makes it very difficult to make anything cool. VS new hampshire where vanity plates are free.
Yeah it sucks, $80 a year! >:(

All letters first then numbers, no mixing to come up with something. I'm happy with mine considering it wasn't what I originally wanted.

Joe

20220911_110617.jpg

Vanity plates are an extra $50 a year here in CA, I think it's $100 the first year to purchase the plates. I have one on my SS .. but never a Tbird. 🤔

8B88B8B

I saw that once, unsurprisingly also behind a smoked acrylic license plate cover. I don't have a picture but I wish I did.

I looked it up awhile back and here in WA "Green T" was available.

I'm reluctant to get a vanity plate because that makes the car more recognizable/reportable.
My thoughts as well. Also, with my luck... if I was to get "Green T" some cop would misunderstand and think it was a weed reference. And as spirited as I drive anyways... no need to give them anymore of a reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
8B88B8B

I saw that once, unsurprisingly also behind a smoked acrylic license plate cover. I don't have a picture but I wish I did.
I do not understand what that means, and also don't understand why it is hidden behind a smoked cover?
Someone likes to masturbate?

I asked the girl at the county clerk what the worst/ dumbest someone asked for, and she said, in a heartbeat, "Cops Suck" It was a local ambulance chaser, lol. She said "I almost put it in, but I get in trouble for that." He's popular with the cops anyway, lol.
I tried for "Lazarus" but it was taken. :)
I always liked Big Scott's Cougie, and Linky. Birdy would be in that line, I guess.
I think next year, I'll go for "Grog6 and GrogG. :)
My random plate one year was going to be "STN-666" and she wouldn't give it to me; she said people complain about 666. SATAN 666 seemed cool to me, lol.

A good nickname has to be hung on by someone else, usually a kid, in my expierience. A buddy hung 'Lazarus' on the black cougar, If Kaatu passes before I get the red car finished, I think it will take that name; he was my second cat, as was the car. :) I hope both hang out for a bunch more years.

Must be a Midwestern thing. I've called mine that as well... Although not enough that it's a known nickname. Guess it's never really had one.

If I had a white car, I'd name it binky. :)