Walbro fuel pump

Kenz

4th Gear Poster
Birdcats Supporter
Vehicle Details
96 Cougar - T45
Country flag
Where is the best place these days to buy a Walbro fuel pump? Looking at the usual places I am seeing reviews mentioning counterfeit pumps. Some say they even look identical to the real ones

Is the kit SCP sells a genuine Walbro? I have bought a few things from them before and always had good experiences. Nice to get everything in one purchase so leaning towards this one...

Yeah stick with the big vendors. Even if they got duped by a bogus supplier I’d trust them more to make things right

SCP is probably fine, and 190s don’t seem to be as counterfeit as the 255s

Last one I bought was off summit. Specifically sought a walbro.

Came in a box with a different name. Says walbro on the sticker though

That was in March.

I just about gave up on trying to get real Walbros. Now I just order the Aeromotive stealth 340s. They aren’t much more expensive, and don’t have the counterfeit issue, at least not yet.

Thanks, looks like a good alternative and may be worth spending the extra. It can be ordered directly from them too so no worries about getting a counterfeit.

Thats a turbine pump, it says it supports pwm; Our control is 12V, not pwm. make sure it will not burn up on straight 12V

FWIW my 255 Walbro from summit is on year 6. I presume it’s legit 😆

PWM I have more concern for toasting on the controller end, but a motor is a motor

I read somewhere that turbine pumps were great for the returnless systems, but not our cars. There was a discussion on the old place, about the time I bought the 255 that's in the tbird, from RobertP.