weather stripping

Acrux

Vehicle Details
1991/92 Thunderbird Sport 5.0 HO J-code
Country flag
I am trying to find a replacement for the weather strip that runs along the top of the car just above the door to the trunk we have searched for some that looked correct but they never seemed to fit any help would be appreciated

Does it look like this? I bought a 15m roll off ebay. Search for T-moulding. I haven't installed mine yet. Mine came with 2-sided tape but I may use 3m weatherstriping glue. 20240529_214843.jpg

Weatherstrip? There's a moulding up there, and depending on year it is different. What year and model are you working on? TBSC shop may have these

I am trying to find a replacement for the weather strip that runs along the top of the car just above the door to the trunk we have searched for some that looked correct but they never seemed to fit any help would be appreciated
I would first get the exact name of the molding then search for it. You can start with RockAuto, but I bet some online place will have it, and the exact fit too. Good luck!

Weatherstrip? There's a moulding up there, and depending on year it is different. What year and model are you working on? TBSC shop may have these
I have the 91/92 J-code but the molding or weather seal is coming off
I have the 91/92 J-code but the molding or weather seal is coming off and where is the TBSC shop on this site?

The problem with the weatherstripping over the roof/pillars on thunderbirds is it isn’t technically considered “weatherstripping” but a part of the trim bonded to the aluminum trim pieces there. There have been discovered substitutions to the weatherstripping across the top of the windshield and back glass but as far as I know the pieces that go along the sides is still something you need to obtain in good used condition unless I’m out of the Tbird loop of things.

The "T" trim goes where there is a gap between aluminum top nad quarter panel. For what it's worth, it is extremely soft and pliable (cheap too). I haven't tried it but i think it may work between the cowl and windshield.

20240601_180211.jpg1717280060471.png

Last edited:
Acrux,

Is this drawing of the stuff you are looking for? (I snagged this drawing off the old site a few years ago) If you're not finding the stuff you're looking for in the aftermarket maybe at a car show with a swap meet, like the one in Dalton this weekend (car show in Dalton on June 14-15 2024).

That question about TSBC: https://www.tbscshop.com/.

Jim

Attachments

• t-bird roof side mldgs.png
    t-bird roof side mldgs.png
    113.8 KB · Views: 7
Acrux,

Is this drawing of the stuff you are looking for? (I snagged this drawing off the old site a few years ago) If you're not finding the stuff you're looking for in the aftermarket maybe at a car show with a swap meet, like the one in Dalton this weekend (car show in Dalton on June 14-15 2024).

That question about TSBC: https://www.tbscshop.com/.

Jim
it's not the drip molding but the 14/15 mm wide strip that is between the wider drip molding and the rear side window running from the door to the trunk these are the pictures of what I am talking about

Attachments

• IMG_6213.jpg
    IMG_6213.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6214.jpg
    IMG_6214.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6215.jpg
    IMG_6215.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6217.jpg
    IMG_6217.jpg