AOD Trans shifting into gear at <2200 RPMS, please help!

Vehicle Details
1992 Ford Thunderbird LX 5.0
Country flag
I have a 1992 Ford Thunderbird with the 5.0 that I paid $500. I noticed that after a while driving, and after a fuel pump change (which is also going bad), that it was shifting late. I dropped the pan, and the fluid was pink from the previous owners. I put the new filter and fluid in, and drove it. For a bit, it drove fine but then it started shifting late again, and after sitting for a bit, it wouldn't go into gear unless the engine was up to around 1800-2200RPMS. Here's the TV cable exactly the way I found it when I popped the hood. I've put maybe 300 miles on it over the course of me owning it. I'm new to AOD transmissions, and I can't figure it out because everything looks normal (minus the ziptie).440959692_1867337627040667_7133498545152075848_n.jpg

If you haven’t messed with the TV cable, don’t. It is much easier to screw it up than to get it right, and they don’t go out of adjustment. Usually what goes bad is the grommet fails and causes the TV cable to fall out of the linkage, but someone has already replaced that grommet with the brass bushing and e-clip, so I doubt the TV cable is your issue. Not engaging until higher rpms is a classic sign of low fluid level, so I would start by making sure that is right. It has to be checked with the car running at idle in park or neutral. If you checked the fluid level with the car off, it will be way too low once it warms up. If you have verified fluid level is good, then unfortunately the trans is most likely toast, and would require a rebuild, however at that point, my recommendation would be to ditch the AOD and either do a 5-speed manual swap or convert to a 4R70W if you want to stay automatic.

The problem there is that with that part broken the TV pressure is wrong. You need to get a new cable. If you drive around with it like that too long it will burn up. Not trying to scare you or anything. A well adjusted AOD does just fine. a poorly adjusted one will die quickly. I had a buddy forget to reattach a TV cable to the throttle body on a full size Bronco. Trans died in 2 miles.