Headlight swap?

Has anyone done a headlight swap to better newer technology? 1992
Cougar ls 5.0
Thanks

Clear 1995-1997 Grand Marquis headlights are an almost-direct fit with some clearancing of the header panel. Now mind you these are 9005/9006 headlights with the split high and low beams(like 89-93 Tbirds and 89-90 Cougars), so not really a technological upgrade, and you’ll need to rewire for these bulb sockets BUT you can run 9011/9012 HIR bulbs in their place which are better, if you can still find them anyway. Also instead of simply modifying the wiring I recommend instead making a relay harness as that too will increase the output of the bulbs with appropriately sized wires.

Short of full on custom projector retrofitting there’s nothing direct.

These are the Grand Marquis headlights(and the now impossible to find apparently 96-97 Tbird/Cougar clear corners

23386510106_large.jpeg

Strange the clear corners are not available anymore, they used to be all over and super cheap. Must be less demand these days.

I have a set I took off because I went back to OEMs. The clear ones never fit as well as I liked.

Amazon seems to have a pair, and SCP. I don't see any for 1996, 1997

Strange the clear corners are not available anymore, they used to be all over and super cheap. Must be less demand these days.

I have a set I took off because I went back to OEMs. The clear ones never fit as well as I liked.

Honestly I like the amber so much more on white, especially pearl white. There were actually TWO versions of 96-97 clear corners at one point; the ones with the clear reflector and another one with a totally clear lens and no reflector(which I thought looked dumb).

Cougars ROCK!

(now that I read that... it really sounds stupid)