Need help with transmission issue

Happy you got it fixed, and that you found us!
Drive it in the rain, before you completely trust it. As long as the seal is there, and dielectric grease, it should be fine.
I'm glad you guys noticed me on the other site and steered me here. I have been a member of the other one since Jan 2004. Damn, I have had a MN-12 for 20 years!

I got Lazarus in 1998; Bought the Red Cougar in '05. Bought the tbird in '09.

Last edited:
Been driving the car for a week now with the new MLPS. That seems to have been the issue. I have had zero issues so far.

Grog6, that pigtail was a PIA to work with but I got-her-done.

Thanks to all who helped!
That is great to hear girdnerd, I am glad your issue was not INSIDE the tranny and was readily fixable from the outside. Now, go and enjoy your Thunderbird! (I know I am a day short and quart low on this post, but what the heck, it was a good story!)

I also didn't realize that there was no seal. I will have to goop mine up with silicone grease next time I'm underneath!

I wish I could only give back the way all of you have helped me.

I'm happy we finally have a real place, without the interference of idiots. Sir Will was a jerk, but the verticalscope thing was much worse. I'm not sure which idiots lost the pages, or dumped the galleries, but fuck they were incompetent.

I'm happy we finally have a real place, without the interference of idiots. Sir Will was a jerk, but the verticalscope thing was much worse. I'm not sure which idiots lost the pages, or dumped the galleries, but fuck they were incompetent.
"I'll drink to that!"

...well... I'll drink to anything... but the point is I am glad I joined here and NEVER looked back!

I wish I could only give back the way all of you have helped me.
That is not hard. Just share what you know, show you are happy for others with an emoji and share what you have done, places you have been and things you have done through participation in the posts. That to me is what a contributing member is.

And always, ask a question if have one.