NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX-570

Trunk Monkey

Administrator
Staff member
Vehicle Details
'95 Thunderbird with '18 TF 5.3L - SVO Engine
Country flag
I've got an old GTX-570 I'm looking to get rid of, apparently these things still have some value.

Is anyone interested in it or do you have a suggestion on where I might sell it? Thanks.

A quick Google search revealed the prices below.

GTX570.png

Reseller prices of old parts which may be NOS instead of pre-owned don't usually reflect their actual market value. I always consult eBay first to get a realistic resale price.

Last edited:

Reseller prices of old parts which may be NOS instead of pre-owned aren't usually reflective of their actual market value. I'd always consult eBay first to get a realistic resale valuation.

Thanks so, $40 to $75 with about $50 being the median. I'll just drop it off at Best Buy for recycling or for some dumpster diver to pick up and list on eBay.

That's probably a great card fr Crysis, or unreal Tournament, but modern games will be too complex. the RTX4070 is about 600 bux, andthat's the top of the line, currently. I'm going to spend about 500 for a rtx 4060 with 16gb of ddr6 memory.

That's probably a great card fr Crysis, or unreal Tournament, but modern games will be too complex. the RTX4070 is about 600 bux, andthat's the top of the line, currently. I'm going to spend about 500 for a rtx 4060 with 16gb of ddr6 memory.
I would suggest you reconsider. The RTX 4060 Ti sucks. It's at best marginally better than the RTX 3060 Ti and it's a terrible value at $500. The crippled 128-bit memory bus makes that GPU a complete waste of potential and sand.

The only RTX 40 series card worth owning is the 4090 and maybe the 4080 in specific scenarios, but not at their respective prices. This entire generation of Nvidia GPUs is a joke.

Last edited:
I'm still looking for a 1080 card with 8GB memory to replace mine, I'm sure there are better cards but I don't play games on PC.

I do play pc games, and my 7970's won't handle Crysis 4, with ray tracing. I will spend enough for a wider memory bus. It's going tobe running on a socket 2011xeon x5670 with 256GB f memory, and ssd drives, and a 2tb pcie m2 ssd. Crysis 4 wants a 4000 series card.

Crysis 4? That game isn't even out yet. Where did any minimum requirement specs get published?

That's essentially a bogus website. It's the equivalent of those fake car rumor websites that speculate and make up stuff and you're not even entirely sure the site wasn't written by a primitive AI that came years before ChatGPT.

If that's the only game you're waiting to play, then I'd keep waiting. Crytek hasn't announced anything about the game thus far other than it will exist. If you need a $500 GPU now, then I'd get a used Radeon RX 6900 XT. The current generation of GPUs from both AMD and Nvidia offer nothing worth getting over their previous gen counterparts between $400-750, or maybe even below $750 full-stop.

Also, that CPU is really old as well. A 10+ year-old Xeon running at low clock speeds is as much as hindrance as Radeons so old that AMD's naming conventions looped back around to a 7000 series being the current gen again.

Last edited:
Ron, my son says he can't use it.

Looks like I have an AMD Radeon RX 580 that needs to be replaced. Looking for a replacement or reasonable upgrade .. any recommendations ? I don't play games on PC

I'm using a 480 n my main system, it's faster than 2 7970 gpus in crossfire. it plays rage really well.

This is a good high-level overview from GamersNexus across all budgets.

I had an ancient 560 years ago, I think. Upgraded to a 1070 of some stripe, ASUS I think. Nice card. The next one I'll get is a 3070, either regular or Ti but that will be when I get a new (actually few years old) motherboard and CPU (the one I have now is 4th gen, hahaaha, but it's solid).

Still using my 1060. A few systems I built around that time from 1050 Ti to 1070s are still doing OK. No need to upgrade anytime soon though; I don't really play modern games.

Looks like I have an AMD Radeon RX 580 that needs to be replaced. Looking for a replacement or reasonable upgrade .. any recommendations ? I don't play games on PC
Dan:
Twinsies! My HTPC is still rocking an RX580.
Its still find for couch coop type games which my kid and I play but if I want to play something more strenous, i use geforce now.

Free to try for 1 hr sessions.
Priority allows up to 6hr sessions, RTX on, and equivalent of a 3060 at 1080p60 for $50/6 months
Ultimate goes up to 4Kp120, RTX on, and GTX4080 performance for $99/6mo

I'm currently using a 1080TI for another project right now but once I'm done I'll probably put my 580 away in the spare parts bin (finally).

I have a dual socket 604 xeon system I built 15 years ago, thatI use for a server, tunning dedicated servers, on 2008 server. Crysis, fear, unreal tournament. I found a version of battle field 2042 that works. :) UT2003, with hitler skins, lol. We had a battle with bush, Cheney., and hitler, lol. I was playing an alien, lol.

BTW, latest game toy I've played with came from TEMU.com
Miyoo Mini Plus v3 running Onion OS. Allows for up to PSX retrogaming in a gameboy color size but with an IPS screen. Totally worth the <$70 price (also available from amazon if you don't want to mess with sketchy websites).

If I had to buy another retrogaming kit, the only one I might consider better than this one would be a PowKiddy RGB30 b/c it supports up to N64/NDS as well. Profile is a bit larger though and build quality seems like a poor mans switch