OEM wheel price

I kind of want to buy these as a set of winter wheels for the Fusion.

Not these specifically because screw that price, but you get what I mean.

Last edited:
Keep an eye out and you might find something. Most 15" wheels were probably run into the ground, but you might find somebody that took them off for something different when they were relatively new and just kept them in their garage forever. I certainly wouldn't pay $225 from a reseller for 15" wheels. You might find somebody local that can straighten your wheels too. Search/ask around.
That's basically what I did. I sold one axle pair in 2002 for $50 plus shipping to someone in PA who wanted a pair to use with winter tires. I just always had space for the other axle pair despite moving a few different places over the years, but now I wouldn't mind reclaiming some hanging wall space in my garage.

In other news, it's just occurred to me that I've had these wheels collecting dust for 22 years. Shameful.

This thread makes me want to put back on the stock 16's, haven't had them on the Cougar for years. Would be fun giving the 10 year old all-seasons some hell:headbang:. The Early XR7/96-97 sport 7 spoke wheels are actually pretty good looking wheels. Did they ever make them in chrome? That would look slick

Got it.

Well, I was thinking OEM because I just never really liked aftermarket wheels unless they're part of an overall custom theme for the entire car.

And I'm not sure here...but aren't Ford wheels of same-era Continental, Taurus, Windstar all a direct fit? Granted, those are probably all 16".

My wheels have really grown on me. At first I was disappointed my car didn't have the fan blade style, but I adjusted.
Actually I prefer the OEM wheels, but the replacements for my bent OEM are $225 ea. as i said in the opening post of this thread. I feel that's a bit much and was looking fir aftermarket alternatives without changing hubs.

Whaaaat? I really like the fan blade style.

I think wheels are $25 at the junkyard. I never pick them up so I don't pay particular attention to their condition, but you can find treasures.
In my area there are zero salvage yards with any Tbirds. Most likely Cougars as well. I'm in mid-Michigan at the moment but can't break away to do junkyard scrounging...

I'd buy a set of non-bent true running 96 wheels for $25ea. Who has them and where do you live. If you are between Michigan and Alabama, now is the time. I'm headed back south on Saturday (31st).

I'd buy a set of non-bent true running 96 wheels for $25ea. Who has them and where do you live. If you are between Michigan and Alabama, now is the time. I'm headed back south on Saturday (31st).

@jco1385 , heads up!

I'm not sure what all I have exactly and I won't be home for another 2 weeks at least. I'm pretty sure I don't have 96 Bird wheels but I should have a set of 96 Cougar wheels.

I'm not sure what all I have exactly and I won't be home for another 2 weeks at least. I'm pretty sure I don't have 96 Bird wheels but I should have a set of 96 Cougar wheels.
I'm in no hurry but it matters where I would have to pick them up. Shipping would be too costly and I wouldn't trust ANY of the carriers to not damage them.

Also, if you don't have something to spin them on to check roundness with a dial indicator, how would you know they weren't bent?

We could work out a meeting place somewhere. I believe you're in the Prattville area?

They weren't noticeably bent when I ran them on the car. If you wanted them checked with a dial indicator I don't have a way to do that currently. I wouldn't want to meet you somewhere and you decline them and be stuck with a wasted trip either, so maybe I'll just sit this out.

I found this on SCCoA.