Rear Differential Going Out, What Can I Do?

My 97 4.6 w/ 338k total miles (all mine from new) just got checked out over holidays. For many years I had a noticeable vibration at 80mph and higher. Long ago I changed u joints and broke a weight off. I placed it back as close as I could and even later had the balance checked to no avail. Recently it was acti g sluggish and I lucked up on a 1 piece 93 mark8 driveshaft. So I swapped the ds and learned the old u-joints were toasted. I had dust not grease in front joint. Well I still planned to swap a used 7.5 diff in until mine is rebuilt. Well the 7.5 had worse backlash than my 338k mile one. I put the original one back in and used synthetic 75w-140 lube and wow it is now slick up to 85 with less strain. Changing it out on the ground is not fun for us old guys. You need either a Trans jack w/ wide platform or use (2) jack stands 1 front and one rear. Leave the rear isolator attached to the rear cover as that gives something to sit on jack stand. Manhandled one end at a time to get close enough to start a nut on a bolt. It is tight getting 15mm wrench on top but battery impact gun makes it quick. I did have to pull axle on drivers side as it is too hard twisting everything to get cv shaft inserted. Costs an extra 13z14 dollars for new axle nut but time saved is worth it.

That's a nice looking Car, even from the bottom. :)
When I had my exhaust done, the guys were asking why I painted the control arms, and all. I said I know it looks good, even if no one else sees it. :) I left the subframe connectors and braces black. :)
I agree, very nice from top to bottom.