Superbowl LVIII - February 11, 2024

He always seemed like such a nice guy! :rofl: I was listening to the song kim one day whem my boss walked by; she was not amused. :)

I find all of this drama around TS and the Superbowl hilarious.

I understand that some folks like one team and dislike the other... but to hold this opinion based purely b/c of one player's GF enough to support
the 49ers, the team with a) all the kneeing drama in 2016 (which these folks also didn't support) and b) the team which represents one of the most liberal cities in the country? I simply don't get this level of cognitive dissonance.

Oh .. "those people" aren't taking the 49ers side; they are simply not watching the game in its entirety.

Another member on another forum said they won't be watching due to the Black national anthem that is supposed to be played. 🤔

Besides; the Niners don't play in SF any more, this is a Santa Clara team .. 😉

I listen to some of her music, but I listen to everything. No one wants my mix tapes. The last time someone borrowed one, it was like "what the Fuck?! taylor swift, Marilyn Manson, then the ramones"??!! He didn't mention the next song which was frank sinatra, lol.I'm amazed it didn't go out the window, lol.

I listen to some of her music, but I listen to everything. No one wants my mix tapes. The last time someone borrowed one, it was like "what the Fuck?! taylor swift, Marilyn Manson, then the ramones"??!! He didn't mention the next song which was frank sinatra, lol.I'm amazed it didn't go out the window, lol.
I’d be ok with that whgat about Dre?

I find all of this drama around TS and the Superbowl hilarious.

I understand that some folks like one team and dislike the other... but to hold this opinion based purely b/c of one player's GF enough to support
the 49ers, the team with a) all the kneeing drama in 2016 (which these folks also didn't support) and b) the team which represents one of the most liberal cities in the country? I simply don't get this level of cognitive dissonance.

I think ascribing this to a right left topic is bullshit. Some of us just find rabid swifties fucking annoying.

I barely pay any attention to sports and am fully disconnected from music made in this century, yet even I haven’t even been able to escape the daily buzz of this power couple.

Frankly my tin foil hat thought is this is all a convenient arrangement to get more viewership. follow the money…

1707327044083.jpeg

To add to the tin foil; a distraction from politics and wars, etc. move along people nothing to see here… ohhh lol swift did….

I’d be ok with that whgat about Dre?
That's a different mixtape; That one is Dre, Russel Simmons, and snoop...
That's the one Iws listening to at work as was informed that I wasn't the right shade to be singing that... Not a comfortable day. :) Our Janitor had been in prison with a buddy of mine; if he lived thru that, I aint arguing with him, lol.
My buddy kept his Harley in the living room. :)

Oh .. "those people" aren't taking the 49ers side; they are simply not watching the game in its entirety.

Another member on another forum said they won't be watching due to the Black national anthem that is supposed to be played. 🤔

When I would ski in Tahoe (too much trouble for crowded slopes now), super bowl weekend was my favorite weekend to go boarding.

That's a different mixtape; That one is Dre, Russel Simmons, and snoop...
That's the one Iws listening to at work as was informed that I wasn't the right shade to be singing that... Not a comfortable day. :) Our Janitor had been in prison with a buddy of mine; if he lived thru that, I aint arguing with him, lol.
My buddy kept his Harley in the living room. :)
Dre, Richard Simmons, and Snoop would have been more aligned with your previous mixes.

His place was a lot like that in the 90's. :) Even down to the guitar thrashing, lol.
In the second movie, they trashed a Tbird, by blowing it up while covered in gasolene, lol.

What is this the fuckin chat box? Some of us don't give a shit about your fuckin political bull shit.

I don't blame your friend. I believe that's wrong too.

Most of you know, I'm as centrist/liberal leaning as they come but, calling that song the "Black National Anthem" and playing it up as such is BS. I draw the line right there.

"First written in 1900, the song is a hymn of thanksgiving referencing God freeing the Israelites from slavery in the Book of Exodus. Now, there is nothing wrong with the song on its own, and taken at face value, it's a beautiful hymn of thanksgiving, praising God for rescuing us from the grip of evil. But there is no need to use it as a separate national anthem for the black community. We don't need a "black" national anthem and an "everyone else" national anthem. ..."

Source:

Holy shit. I thought you people were bullshitting about this black national anthem.

Increased tribalism isn't going to help anyone here in the US.

There was maybe one good national anthem performance I can remember - Whitney Houston. The rest .. meh. I'll be puffing a blunt, loading up on munchies and whatever alcoholic beverage the wife decides to come up with. She said possibly watermelon margaritas; something Red ( Red and gold would be best ) .. although im not a fan of tequila. I'm really not interested in anything until the kickoff.

It's become more than a celebration of the best football teams. That's too bad, as that's what it should be about. I don't mind some other entertainment, but it's taken too much from the game.

The game itself is a much bigger deal when your team is actually playing in it ( and you put money on it when the season started and odds were 9 to 1 ) 😉

The game itself is a much bigger deal when your team is actually playing in it ( and you put money on it when the season started and odds were 9 to 1 ) 😉
I wish you luck! Purdy certainly has his work cut out for him.

I really didn't care; I only really keep up with ut football. But I was happy tay-tay's bf won. Jeezus, they played well. I watched the last quarter; that's the most I've watched in a month, lol.

Certainly was an edge of your seat game. I dont know what to think of these new (not brand new but newer) overtime rules. I grew up on sudden death so this new system is a major change.

Sorry dDUBb! It sucks when your team makes its so close. The Seahawks have done it to me too.

It was a good game, and I was pulling for the Niners. That's hard to do as a Cowboys fan, but I'd rather have a different winner.

I think I like this overtime solution better than the old. I also like the college rules. I think if they did similar for NFL but start them at the 40 so a field goal is not automatic.