How'd you get your MN12?

Any known MN12s with a dark purple? Im curious how that would look, my friend went to school for automotive painting and he seems to favor that enough that he might have spare paint. I love the Ebony but curious if I ever pick up a secondary

91-92 had a dark plum that was essentially purple, there was also the 95 chameleon which was color shifting purple to blue but its not very dark

A dark purple metallic Would look great. Even if the free paint isn't metallic, you can add flake to the clearcoat; You just need to do multiple coats of clear.

I got my 97 Sport in April 1997. At the time I was driving an 84 mustang GT that was wearing my patience. I had already swapped in a roller cam engine (dud for performance), rebuilt the t5, replaced the factory Holley 4 bbl for an edlebrock, only to come to the conclusion I needed better seats for my back. Loved the car but.... then I heard they were stopping production and I was oh hell no. So I went to the local dealer just to see if it was true or not. Older gentleman sales came up and asked what I was looking for? I said I want fast, comfortable and rear drive. He suggested a crown vic and I was nahhh I'm not that old (just 28) and he said well then there is this tbird. It was the pearl white and I was no I don't think so. He said come let's ride. We went out and about an area I was familiar with and I knew it was ROUGH. He pulled over and put me in charge and said hit that curve @ 35. I said it will slide out and he laughed. So I launched that bird and followed his instructions and damn, that R/R xing was smooth as silk while under power. SOLD! I examined we needed a different color and he talked me into ordering mine the way I wanted it. He let me take the form w/ options home and study and w/ $500 down I had a Laser Red Sport with everything except the alarm and trak-lok. ABS meant no trak-lock. About 35 days later I was ripping the streets. I just watched odometer turn 338k yesterday and it is still my daily driver. At the moment I need a paint job (really bad due to sunny south), recover leather driver's seat and a. Windshield(cracked from road debris). Back in the day Davey Allison had the tbird I wanted to drive!

69D46FFA-67D7-4FC9-B7B5-22C70AF2CB51.jpeg

7885B49E-BCF0-43F9-BFD6-C22FA2749346.jpeg

Davey was the man. I still remember watching that Thunderbird win the Daytona 500. If he had lived, Jeff Gordon wouldn't have won squat.

And yes I know that's a Dale Jarrett car.

Last edited: