Power steering leak.

bowez

Vehicle Details
93 SC
Country flag
I've already done the high pressure line conversion and have a leak between the aluminum adapter and factory line.
I've already tried using hydraulic loctite and all it seemed to do is make it worse. Do I need to replace the Teflon seal or add pipe dope or something else? I didn't cut down the adapter as in the tech article.

Factory line to the pump or the rack? If it’s to the one to the rack(as I assume) I’d most suspect it’s a leak on that elbow itself either at the rack or In the joint that attaches to the line going to the pump, as I believe there to be some internal seal/o ring. If it’s a leak in the adapter at the pump I’d just suspect either the adapter or AN line is loose.

For what its worth, when my pump was acting up, and leaking I took it out, rebuilt it and its been fine since, not perfect, but does its job. If your going to replace an o-ring, might look into NOT having to revisit this area again and rebuild it. Just my two cents.

Also, check your dust boots to make sure they are not torn or showing leaking around them. Just like CV joints, if the cover gets busted and it goes to long, dust and other debree can cause havoc.

Last edited: