Thunderbird Splash Guards

Stanley

3rd Gear Poster
Vehicle Details
1997 Thunderbird 4.6L V8
Country flag
Does anyone have the dimensions of the Thunderbird splash guards / mud flaps? The originals are hard to come by so I'd just like to get a set of customs made, but I have no idea how big they are / what size I should select. If there's anything I should know about getting a set, feel free to add that too. Thanks.

Last edited:
The front ones are custom molded. The rears are going to be easier to replicate. I have a set of both on the car at home. I’ll be home on Saturday.

Maybe someone can get you the dimensions before Saturday.

I’ve seen them both ways, the mud flaps with either the Tbird wings or Cougar head logos seem to be identical front to rear other than the holes for the bolts that hold them on

Lazarus had them, when I got it. I couldn't find a set for the red car in '05

Does anyone have the dimensions of the Thunderbird splash guards / mud flaps? The originals are hard to come by so I'd just like to get a set of customs made, but I have no idea how big they are / what size I should select. If there's anything I should know about getting a set, feel free to add that too. Thanks.
I have some specs. I will try to get them to you. I got a set from the yard and then made copies from black office trash cans. they lasted several years before cracking. I put the T-Bird flaps back on recently.

Last edited:
If someone has one they could throw on a scanner, that would be cool! There Are ones on ebay, new manufacture, but no logos.

If someone has one they could throw on a scanner, that would be cool! There Are ones on ebay, new manufacture, but no logos.
They are two different flaps. One for the front and one for the back. I will see if my scanner can handle something that size.

So I have a set, sort of. Here's what I have:

20240903_151045.jpg

I took them in to a mechanic as part of having some other work done and told them to throw them up on there while they were at it. When I came to pick my car up, to my surprise they said the flaps didn't fit.

I could be wrong, but the ones I have appear to be these:

FOSZ-16A550-A.jpg

Which is FOSZ-16A550-A, 1987 date on the back.

Now, I'm not sure, but apparently what my 1997 needs, for the rears anyways, is actually FOSZ-16A550-D?

s-l1600.jpg

It's really hard for me to tell, because all the images of people with flaps from TCCOA back in the day are dead due to link rot. Can anyone with experience with these let me know what's going on with the various subtypes of these? And what a 1997 front actually needs? Thanks.

Last edited:
I bought a set for mine that are on the car now, I'm away until Friday night. They are the molded front and rear, T-Bird logo on the fronts and blank for the rears. I'll check the part numbers when I get home and post back.

Joe

Wow, didn't know moulded was a thing back then. Mine were flat, and cut like Stanley showed above