What did you do with your Thunderbird Today?

I just ordered a dozen tires for the red car. Planning on making Oct 27-28 (last event of the year for me) the hardest and fastest I have thrown the car. 1000000992.png

When they fix the highways around here, they add a Toll lane. "Your tax dollars at work" 🤣

I'm okay with an annual safety check. TN desperately needs them. The amount of dead brake lights and cars with wheels barely hanging on are obscene. NC requires them and it's under $10.

Emissions tests are just a money grab.

I'm okay with an annual safety check. TN desperately needs them. The amount of dead brake lights and cars with wheels barely hanging on are obscene. NC requires them and it's under $10.

I’m not paying $10 in solidarity because some twat can’t change a lightbulb.

If it was an actual epidemic causing accidents it would be one thing, but I can’t even come up with a single instance I’ve even heard anecdotally where a car with a rust hole by virtue of that actually caused an accident. Plenty of “how is that on the road” stories first and second hand but how do they end? Uneventfully. No. It’s a money grab too, one that through attrition eventually coerces you buy a new or used car you have to pay taxes on in the transaction, and nowadays ironically into a cars with “technology” complete with distracting user unfriendly LCD touchscreens and a few even with a completely unready for prime time “autopilot” system.

You may stare disapprovingly at the hooptie puttering down the right lane but it’ll be the brand new BMW SUV behind you that actually ruins your day.

1697298720847.png

If it weren't for emissions testing here in CA. You'd have every rice rocket with their fart cans blowing loud and piece of shit bmws exhaust popping on decel like that's the only way to drive.

My SS does it on decel .. but not obnoxiously loud like some of these fuckers.

My bird is really quiet, which I like. It probably aids in fooling the ricers at the red light :BMW:
Theres a really mean looking maserati around here but the exhaust note is very aggravating. Not sure why. Then theres a mustang with a beautiful note when idling. It is *very* quiet and *very* throaty. I'll ask him if he knows what set up it is if I see him again

My SS does it on decel .. but not obnoxiously loud like some of these fuckers.

When I was attempting to get more engine braking on decels through dashpot I inadvertently created one of those dumb pop tunes, it would pop even between shifts :BMW: Now that I fixed it It burbles a good bit on decels but in the normal way you hear on most Mustangs.

BMW drivers manipulate the pops, they drive in manual mode at 3k rpm everywhere they go where the decel pops are at their most obnoxious, especially when they "upgrade" the exhaust or just remove the mufflers

Moved it out of the garage so I could do some cleaning this evening. Went to light the wood-burning fireplace in the basement and found the flue is rusted closed.

Grog6... you know of any good chimney sweeps or fireplace technicians near us? :zwall:

All the ones I knew died in the opiate wars. Sorry. I'm sure there are several, I'd ask around locally; usually the chick at the mini mart knows everything, lol.

When you get happy with it is usually when you start tweaking on the smaller stuff, but since you have a manual trans, you'll probably be fine. :)

OK did away with the safety check and only the cities have emissions tests.
I like it because it's not needed for me! I take care of my cars, but I could see how it would be needed for some.

Other people here literally drive them until the wheels fall off! Every time I drive by a body shop, at least 2 are there because of suspension failure.

If I "had" to implement a stupid law, it would be retake the driver's test every few years! The folks on the road around here either forgot what they learned the first time or it just didn't sink in! Scary!

I will never forget the poor guy that took his car to a shop, and the rear shock mount fell off. "Is this important?...