The Unofficial "Ask a Stupid Question" Thread

I saw them once in the junkyard, and first I thought ka-ching! Then at the attempt of removal, the glass just fell off the unit, the inside of which had discolorations all over. Ultimately I decided they weren't worth the time and effort of repair.

That version never seemed to be in demand even when they were new, I honestly don’t know what the manufacturer was thinking because besides the lack of reflector almost every detail on the lenses of the OEM and Depo clear corners was omitted, namely the lines molded into the lens. Worse yet the edge where the gasket sits under had a weird silvery paint in the shape of the non existent reflector and since it still used the chrome bulb mask it stood out like a sore thumb from the side. Paired with the headlights they looked mismatched. Maybe they intended to manufacture aftermarket headlights to match at one time but be it as it was when they hit the market it was kind of bizarre.

Here’s a very aged one on eBay for $29, it’s been there for a while

Gives you an idea of the quality too

Another dumb question, I know it is not the mn-12 platform, but does anyone know what years the fila thunderbird was produced.

There's this one too. It's not the pair, just the passenger side.

BTW just to twist the knife a little these were $30 shipped on eBay for the PAIR brand new in box for the longest time!

Weirdly they were actually cheaper even than the 89-95 clear corners