What did you do with your Thunderbird Today?

A/C in the garage is a must. I had a window A/C sitting in the shed not being used since we got central AC in the house. A couple weeks again i installed it in the garage window so I could be cool while working on the cars. Not the best cooling as it is old, but works enough that its night and day between the two garages. Good call Derphound! (what's a derphound anyway?)
We have a walkout basement garage so I just ran a duct into the garage from the basement HVAC. It's nice. Was going to do a window unit but the windows are too close to the ground for it to not suck up dirt.

And these are the Derphounds.

1D3AF192-D7BD-4CCC-A3F5-1802BC4D985C.jpeg

We have a walkout basement garage so I just ran a duct into the garage from the basement HVAC. It's nice. Was going to do a window unit but the windows are too close to the ground for it to not suck up dirt.

And these are the Derphounds.

View attachment 6351
My dogs did that until they got too old to jump that high. Nice work on the A/C to the garage!

My dogs did that until they got too old to jump that high. Nice work on the A/C to the garage!
The one on the left is 15 now. The one on the right is 5. They both still find a way onto the beds.

I woke up this morning and my pillow was purring, until I tried to fluff it, lol. He's 10, lol. Kaatu, the grey tabby.

Actually took mine for a drive into Charlotte today for the first time in forever. Went down to the new MicroCenter to get a USB splitter cable for my new PC build.

Still trying to sort out the cabling. OMG Computers have way, way to many different connectors!

The most fun I've had is that the new tvs are all hdmi. The new 4k tv I bought, has 5, and an optical audio out. So, I got on ebay, and found an older Yamaha receiver, that speaks everything; all audio and video format, and hdmi in and out. $15, and bought a remote for $7. :) Much nicer than my 40 yo Pioneer amp. :) I think I'll move the jvc in the living room to the bedroom, that plasma even has a vga port. I bought a long hdmi able so I could hook up the laptop, to play movies from ssd drive. Then I found it's way easier to throw the screen to the tv by bluetooth, lol.

Mark VIII started throwing an air suspension warning a few seconds after starting up the other day. Decided to take a look last night. Codes 98 and 75 were in memory.

I swapped in spare (known good) relays, no change. Whacked the compressor and it started (slowly, laboriously and painfully) running. Swapped in a spare I had on the shelf, then ordered a new one. Got 5 years out of the last one... if I get 5 years out of the next one, it may very well be the last time I have to mess with it!

Hmm. I should grab one some time... 250.00... Are there other abundant vehicles that use the same compressor?

I'd considered the same thing when I owned a Mark .. aftermarket compressors are readily available, the only thing unique about the Mark setup is the dryer manifold and release valve .. that wouldn't be too difficult to replicate. Oh I think I have a spare Mark compressor around here somewhere also .. 🤔

Swapped in the new compressor today. The spare OEM I have works but the vent has an issue. I can probably fix it but I'm in no rush.

It was convenient when I had the 96 on coils - no issues in the 4 years I had it - but between the 93 and 98 having it... it just feels wrong without it. Plus, when it works, it's a nice reward for all the fuss (and money) to keep it ticking.

The disconnect from the road is odd, but it was cool being tilted on a bridge (exchange), and sitting about level, in bumper/bumper traffic. I know on the bird Id be basically leaning on the door. I assume that's one of the advantages

Main advantage is the leveling with loads. It won't level the car on hills or inclines - it just keeps the suspension at the same relative height on LF/RF and rear. It won't lean to one side (for the most part, since both rear bags are controlled together) or squat with a load in the trunk.

I get away with several 1000 lb loads of mulch in the car in the spring. It's always fun to watch the look on the Home Depot employees' faces when they see what I pull up with after I tell them how much mulch I'm loading, then to see it fit and the car rides completely level after being loaded up.

I have to ask, how the heck do you put 1000 lbs of mulch in an fn10??!!

27, 1.5 ft³ bags. 15 on the back seat, 12 in the trunk. More can fit; I've crammed (separately) up to 14 in the trunk, 20 in the back seat, and 4 on the passenger seat. It's a little too much all at once though - 1500 lb!

1.5 ft³ bags of what? Concrete redi-mix? 😲

Edit: Read enough to catch up. So it's mulch! Oh good Lord! It's a car not a pickup truck!

The DD needed yet more attention today, it’s been idling real rough with AC and I’d been looking things over and found the spark plug wells were filled with oil!

IMG_5456.jpeg

Didn’t solve the idle problem but it sure runs better, the middle two plugs were actually loose on top of it.

Which engine is that? I've never had one of those. It's not the 2.0l that was in the contour, or a pinto 2300. :)

OK, apparently the contour motor was not a duratek. Is that an interference design? I heard there was one?

Had one of those in my '16 focus. I drove it 120k miles and it averaged 38 mpg. I get 22 MPG every tank in my 97 bird with 357k. Why would I want to cut 4 cylinders off?