What did you do with your Thunderbird Today?

The engine I had looked like one bank of a mark motor, pretty much.

What is with the black metal? wtf s that, my great nephew showed me a piece of his ecoboost 's rod, and it looked like that.

IMG_20240719_195053939_HDR.jpgthe latch rod sucks. Anyone know if 91 to 95 changed? Wondering if I got the parts car latch...

So the latch was revised and matched to a revised bottom hook? That's definitely new to me, my friends 89 was more of a Frankenstein than I thought, I think his had a whole 96-97 sport trunklid swapped on latch included

The 91 hook faces the driver 1/4 panel and the 95 faces rearward.

Which shade of Dupli-Color matches Portofino Blue?

...actually I stand corrected: apparently there are two blues. But one of them is so light/glossy that I'm certain it won't be a match.

The darker one (HVP112) is a possibility.

One thing that's odd about that line of colors is that some are glossy and some are satin. I've only ever used the two beiges and the burgundy, all of which are satin.

IMG_20240725_183037463.jpg
Installed a 75mm TB on the red car. Fox and Explorer TB castings are extremely similar but the levers are different. I cut the explorer one up and sandwiched it the the lever this came with, as it is all billet.

It's a little larger than the elbow, a 70mm would have been perfect. But it's what was available.

I adjusted the timing on my 3.8l and checked for codes. It was set at 6* ATDC.

Yeah, days like this make you scratch your head and wonder WTF was I thinking? (or drinking?!)

Homelink color match complete:
Dang, now I want one. Seriously! Been looking for a reason to go to the yard, though I hate driving down there.

Did you ever think of doing a write up on where you got the mirror, how you hooked up the wiring and any other tips that would help a brother out?

View attachment 6794
Installed a 75mm TB on the red car. Fox and Explorer TB castings are extremely similar but the levers are different. I cut the explorer one up and sandwiched it the the lever this came with, as it is all billet.

It's a little larger than the elbow, a 70mm would have been perfect. But it's what was available.
You could port match that inlet easily, just so there isn't a ridge.

You could port match that inlet easily, just so there isn't a ridge.
I'll probably do that at some point. Need to get a new die grinder.

Did you ever think of doing a write up on where you got the mirror, how you hooked up the wiring and any other tips that would help a brother out?

Well, whenever I  do post a detailed how-to (of which I have posted several in the Interior section), I question myself if it's really of use to anyone.

Regarding the mirror, it's almost too simple. There's a connector near the bottom of the driver side B-pillar near the seat belt retractor. It has the ignition ON lead you need.

I got the mirror from the junkyard. Many manufacturers use the same windshield base, so many mirrors are entirely interchangeable.

Well, whenever I  do post a detailed how-to (of which I have posted several in the Interior section), I question myself if it's really of use to anyone.

Regarding the mirror, it's almost too simple. There's a connector near the bottom of the driver side B-pillar near the seat belt retractor. It has the ignition ON lead you need.

I got the mirror from the junkyard. Many manufacturers use the same windshield base, so many mirrors are entirely interchangeable.
Thanks 97.. it does sound easy.

I had to chuckle at your post (remembering Dos Equis commercials)
"I don't always post how-to's, but whenever I  do post a detailed how-to, I drink Dos Equis...."

I updated my Excel sheet on mine today?

Oh, and I washed it a couple days ago too! 😅

Had to change out the bad 2 year old drivers side solid engine mount >:( I'm glad it was the drivers side because I would have to drop the crossmember to get the pass side out of there. I'm going to end up getting the AJE crossmember. I'm not going to be doing this pain in the ass job because of crap parts every year or two. And the lack of access to anything under there with the factory crossmember.

Had to change out the bad 2 year old drivers side solid engine mount >:( I'm glad it was the drivers side because I would have to drop the crossmember to get the pass side out of there. I'm going to end up getting the AJE crossmember. I'm not going to be doing this pain in the ass job because of crap parts every year or two. And the lack of access to anything under there with the factory crossmember.

Torque strap!

IMG_3144.jpeg