Chatbox Thread

I haven't direct connected a PC to the Internet since dial-up. During the XP days, I used a couple of different software firewalls (not all at once) more advanced than the built-in Windows one. The experiment in these articles deliberately turns off the built-in firewall.

I use a 2 layer network, one for old computers, and the second for the rest. But only the laptop can see the internet, The rest can't be seen from the laptop. I use dhcp for the laptop and wi-fi, but everything else is hard set, and is an assigned ip, and the admin knows me, so If he sees my computers on the web, he calls me asap, lol. He knows they can't see the web, so somethings bad on my end.
Those computers are running Win 95, with no patches, so it will run some nuclear spectroscopy software from 1984. I can watch Jupiter come up or set, thru the walls. This setup is in the basement.:) Better yet, one of the things I'm watching is solar activity. :D

Last edited:
Well, I don't know of anyone with a true "direct" connection to the web anymore either. There are sufficient firewalls between the web and my internal LAN.

I remember the old ZoneAlarm days... :)

That program saved me more than once. I was an Admin for idiots in the 90's, when the I" love you!" virus hit. We had a T1 line. it was a nightmare. Thank god for norton ghost.

Is there a thread on removing the rear carpet in the trunk? I need to do some major stuff in the rear, and I don't want to cut holes in it. It's been 20 years since I removed all the stuff in Lazarus, for bodywork.

The trunk carpet comes out in one piece, just remove the spare tire and cover and pop off the Christmas tree fasteners on either side of the trunk lid supports.

That's why I couldn't find them! I was getting ready to go look at the one in the basement. :) Thanks!
How goes the home theater? I did some upgrades to my setup, 4k oled TV 120W Yamaha receiver.
All I need now is a blu-ray player that does both 3d and 4k. :) I have yet to see a tv that does both, however. I have a 1080 55" 3dtv in the bedroom.
The 4k tv had HDR, which catches me a lot more than I thought it would. This laptop does hdr.

Hey, a request for my northern colleagues: Can anyone find me some used hockey pucks for an engine mount? I think I need 3, and they're $20 each here, lol. Here, all the potential hocky players are doing off-roading. (we basically have little cold weather.) Fun fact: The local ice hockey team plays at the Knoxville Civic Colleseum. Where they also hold the best rock shows.) I saw Pantera there in 95 or so, and it kicked ass!
Fun Part: They threw paper ceiling tiles down on the ice floor, and held the concert. :) As soon as someone fell down, and saw the deal, those started to sail around like frisbee's. But, the fun part was watching random people pushing their way thru the crowd, would suddenly go down hard on the ice, and be seen crawling out of the crowd, lol. The Mosh Pit Was Awesome. Dimebag was there.
Wow. 1992 32 years was 3 careers ago. I ran an electronics repair shop,(7yrs) Ran the manufacturing of Mass Spectrometer boards, (7yrs)and designed and built electronics for PET/CT and PET MR tomograph machines.(15yrs)Trippy, when I think of it.

Last edited:
Hockey pucks are a Canadian lift kit. :rofl:

Well john, 3 on a side is a solid engine mount. I just can't seem to find good allthread. Ouch. 20mm allthread in 12.9 steel is about $50 for what I need. But they won't let go.

3 per side makes it a little bit taller than a stock engine mount. When I did mine, I used 2 per side, plus some washers to make up the difference, and with that length, you can usually find grade 8 bolts in the right length at the hardware store.

Yeah I wouldn’t use allthread period, the length of grade 8 bolts my local ace carry’s is enough for this purpose.

Regular hockey pucks (the non fancy ones) are remarkably well hidden in sporting goods stores but when you find them they’re cheap. Look for more dedicated sports equipment stores in your area. I know places like Dick’s doesn’t carry the regular hockey pucks at all. I got them at a place called Total Hockey last I needed them; $2ea, I used them as spacers for my airlift bags

I need 6. :) The best price I could find was a small store, but they were $12 each. The guy at the local sporting goods store DID actually have a few. They used them as a trophy base, iirc. :) This is the deep south.; while there are times it ices, it's usually a 1/4" coating over everything. The time I walked home from knoxville, I wished I had Ice skates, or Crampons, that would have been great.
The Guy at the SG shop also does the engraving, and didn't even blink when I asked him to engrave a couple of pushbutton switches for me: Armed and Fire. I'm making a new launch set for my rockets. I'm moving to 1.5" rail, and separate batteries for a pad unit and a launch unit. Trying my best to improve safety as much as possible. I figured he'd ask me if I worked for the lab, but he didn't. I realized later what I'd forgotten; you don't ask. :) That local culture hasn't changed since the 40's. :)

Do any cable cutters know how to watch basketball games (legitimately)? Id like to have guests for some games, but I don't want to navigate sketchy ass websites

I borrow my parent's YouTube TV logins if what I want to see isn't OTA. I'm sure someone has a login you can borrow. :biggrin:

I say sail away with uBlock Origin.

The only thing I find sketchy about pirate streams are signal dropouts that cause me to look for another streaming site.

I don't make time to watch entire games anymore, so I don't even try to bother with Fubo or whatever else is out there now. Maybe go for a trial and cancel before the end of the month depending on how easy they make it for you to cancel. Either way, Fubo costs more than cable TV used to, so it's not something I'd stick with considering I just don't care to watch games now.

The last cord cut TV replacement service I had was PlayStation Vue, and that still didn't cover all sports because I'm out of market.

Last edited:
Jeez! Is that jobsite in the middle of compton?

Land of Rap! i've seen co-workers die, tieing rebar, saw a guy get his shit blown away and saw a guy drop a wrench on a 3' thick busbar, but it ever gets normal.

Last edited:
The important question here is, was the body still whole or mostly whole?

🤔 what ? Are you talking about the homeless bum who was walking around with body parts ? This was some jogger - hit and run. . Trying to be healthy or some shit.

Today my buddy at work showed me a video they took at a homeless shelter .. these two bums are sitting on the floor .. the first bum takes a hit of crack, gets on all 4s and pulls down his pants while the second bum behind him takes a hit of crack and then proceeds to blow the crack smoke up the other bums asshole. I didn't even know there was such a thing. 🤣

There was a girl we called cokebutt, because after her nose fell off, she would have her Boyfriend blow coke up her butt.
I'm Quite happy with my weed, and it and my beer all goes in the top, lol.

There was a girl we called cokebutt, because after her nose fell off, she would have her Boyfriend blow coke up her butt.
I'm Quite happy with my weed, and it and my beer all goes in the top, lol.

Just like Stevie Nicks. Except when she farted into the straw it blew the coke back into her ass istants throat and gave him a throat frostee.. 😉

🤔 what ? Are you talking about the homeless bum who was walking around with body parts ? This was some jogger - hit and run. . Trying to be healthy or some shit.

Today my buddy at work showed me a video they took at a homeless shelter .. these two bums are sitting on the floor .. the first bum takes a hit of crack, gets on all 4s and pulls down his pants while the second bum behind him takes a hit of crack and then proceeds to blow the crack smoke up the other bums asshole. I didn't even know there was such a thing. 🤣

Like, was the body a mangled mess or was it someone who OD'd / drowned, etc (whole).

Just like Stevie Nicks. Except when she farted into the straw it blew the coke back into her ass istants throat and gave him a throat frostee.. 😉

Jeesus! Dan the rofl thing is overused, but that one nearly dropped me. One of her buddies does a really bad version of some stevie nicks songs, too. I'll be laughing for days. :)