Chatbox Thread

ap22293059958961_custom-f0f0be6c313bcad49c479aa1e302d8b0065dd58e.jpg

Yeah, those Whoppers DO look suspect. Shouldn't they be brown?

Death in a box. Fentanyl made to look like a roxycodone. Some of those just killed a bunch of people here. They are seriously considering making selling them a potental death penalty crime here.

Yeah, those Whoppers DO look suspect. Shouldn't they be brown?

Master P used to keep his crack rocks in skittles bags .. for the dope fiends. 🤔

Apparently, this was a real product campaign.

It happened in the 2017 timeframe. George Floyd didn't die until 2020; imagine someone trying to launch a "white pride" promo campaign in the wake of the rise of BLM.

It kind of makes you wonder though: just like with Prada's blackface monkeys, were there no brown person in the marketing dept of Skittles?
In 2018, Prada punched themselves in the dick when they released these products that look straight from the early 1900s.

It happened in the 2017 timeframe. George Floyd didn't die until 2020; imagine someone trying to launch a "white pride" promo campaign in the wake of the rise of BLM.

It kind of makes you wonder though: just like with Prada's blackface monkeys, were there no brown person in the marketing dept of Skittles?
In 2018, Prada punched themselves in the dick when they released these products that look straight from the early 1900s.

That’s crazy, 2017 to me makes it even more surprising since that period seemed even more on edge with racial tensions than even now, George Floyd riots seemed more like a peak than a beginning, things are tense now but the identity politicking seemed to fizzle out for the next trending outrage since.

I figured the package was real, I just pictured it from the mid 90s or something

Last edited:

To be fair, the "White Pride" Skittles were inappropriately labeled that way on the shelf by that retailer in the UK. The actual campaign to make the Skittles white was panned, but not for the white pride angle. However, I think Mars Inc. noticed the response and changed the Skittles to gray for pride month.

On that note, anyone interested in some
20210823_100932.jpg?

Last edited:
Six more weeks and I'm off probation. Six more weeks and I'll look at transferring out to another position.

This specific position with this department isn't for me.

I just need to make it six more weeks.

Has anyone else ever felt that way? What did you guys do if you did?

I've loved the jobs I 've had except one in 2019. It was like working for a maga cult, lol.

Six more weeks and I'm off probation. Six more weeks and I'll look at transferring out to another position.

This specific position with this department isn't for me.

I just need to make it six more weeks.

Has anyone else ever felt that way? What did you guys do if you did?

Oh yeah .. my probation officer was pissed when I stopped checking in - after I pled no Contest; my lawyer said I didn't need to check in anymore - apparently that was not true. 😬

I've loved the jobs I 've had except one in 2019. It was like working for a maga cult, lol.

I had one of those in 2019 also - it was just one guy who believed that trump was going to deport all the Mexicans out of the country ( regardless of citizenship status ) .. his last day on the job he showed up drunk - I realized this when he started pissing in the middle of the parking lot at NASA; we gave him an easy job installing in wall gas shut off valves and he decided he didn't want to work there anymore. 🤔

Assholes like that make a lot of work for us.

Not that I need another, but another reason why I never regret getting out of the old flying club I used to rent planes from.

https://fox8.com/news/i-team/unsafe-for-flight-lawsuit-filed-over-plane-crash-that-killed-local-men/ said:
WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. (WJW) – The FOX 8 I-Team has uncovered a new fight for justice after a deadly small plane crash in New York that killed two local men.

A lawsuit raises questions about whether the plane should have ever gone up in the air.

Attorney Jamie Lebovitz, senior partner with Nurenberg, Paris, Heller and McCarthy, filed the complaint. He called the plane “unsafe for flight.”

The crash killed Boruch Taub and Benjamin Chafetz.

Attorney Lebovitz filed the suit on behalf of the Chafetz family. He says the men rented the plane from the T and G Flying Club at the Cuyahoga County Airport to go to a funeral in New York, and Taub was the pilot.

The plane crashed in New York, just after takeoff for the return trip home.

“We are going declare an emergency. We are losing oil pressure,” the pilot told air traffic control.

Minutes later, you hear the pilot say, “Mayday, mayday, mayday, mayday.”

“Airplanes just don’t fall out of the sky for no reason,” Lebovitz told the I-Team. “There certainly are signs here of what went wrong. There was some malfunction of the engine.”

The complaint also says, “the accident aircraft was neither airworthy nor in good repair.”

Air traffic control radio traffic also shows the pilot saying, “We’re not getting the performance we expected. Not certain why.”

Shortly before the crash, the pilot noticed some kind of problem with the engine. He couldn’t get the plane to climb.

The National Transportation Safety Board released a preliminary report. Investigators found a hole in a part of the engine and an oil leak.

“There was a hole in the crankcase. When did that hole exist? Was it something that pre-existed that fatal flight?” Lebovitz said.

The lawsuit names the T and G Flying Club. It also names Winner Aviation Corporation, a company involved in maintenance of the plane. Others are named in the suit too.

We went to the T and G Flying Club asking for comment. We left our contact information and no one responded. Winner Aviation also did not respond.

Jamie Lebovitz has become known as an air travel watchdog. He has sued major airlines. Now, he’s fighting for justice over a small plane he says was not safe to fly.

“There will be answers,” he said.

We’ll update this story as the companies involved respond to the legal action.

A separate lawsuit has also been filed on behalf of the family of the pilot.

Yeah, it's T&G Flying Club. I miss the selection of planes they have (had?) compared to the club I fly with now, but they had sketchy communication problems in the 10 years I had been flying with them which was driving me batty long before the accident rate went way up. 3 or 4 times I would show up at the airport (most of the time, meeting up with friends) to find the plane I reserved was either down for maintenance or someone else had taken it without making a reservation. That, combined with the recent accidents and other issues, and I was finally pushed away. They're based out of CGF airport but the flight in question was a trip from there to NY. NY is where the accident was. That plane had actually been used (IIRC just before the pandemic) on a multi-leg flight around the world.

In the 6-ish months prior to that accident, there were 2 other accidents involving aircraft that had to be written off - one where the owner of the club (in his mid-late 80s, sons don't want to inherit/run the business) was with a student and the engine started running rough. He was trying to talk the student through some in-air troubleshooting but the student accidentally shut the ignition off completely and snapped the key off with it in that position. They crash landed in a field behind a school in a dense urban area.

The second was not strictly an issue with the club's planes, but one of their charter's pilots decided to forego fueling his plane for the last leg of a flight from NJ back to Cleveland, and he ran out of fuel and crash landed in a field about 30 minutes prior to arriving. The other huge red flag was the fact that they had an alarming rate of turnover on their instructors towards the end. If 12 months had passed, there might be only 2-3 (out of maybe 10?) instructors still with the club.

A couple years before these, they had a group of 4 college-age kids take a plane up for a night cruise and they crashed on the field while attempting to return to land after just having taken off because the engine was underperforming. Killed all 4 of them. :(

So yeah, writing on the wall much? :eek:

Damn! That would suck to hear. Makes you wonder if you ever took up a plane that was iffy.

Unfortunately, yes. For example, I had an alternator failure at the tail end of an outbound flight and had to make my return flight with no electronics to save battery for the approach into the Cleveland airspace, which ended up between thunderstorms.

Edit: Yeah, I thought I had that one on video...

Last edited:
Damn! That would be as bad as finding out my old parachute maker used iffy materials, and people died.

Our new contract sets us up with a $14.25 raise over the next 3 years starting July 1st. Still doesn't keep up the current rate of inflation. 🤔

Last edited:
Our new contract sets us up with a $14.25 raise over the next 3 years starting July 1st. Still doesn't keep up the current rate of inflation. 🤔
Think how those who make that as an hourly rate feel...

Minimum wage is not livable, whatever they say. Personaly, I'm incredibly happy about social security, after I got involuntary retired in 2020.
I always bitched bout how much it cost out of my check.
I hit the floor after work, massive stroke, Woke up a month later, with half my bran draining into a bag. Not My idea of fun

He is a living legend, there will never be another one like him. I'm hoping to make it to us nationals this year to see him before he does finally retire.
I saw him and Ashley here at Z-Max, probably 10 years ago now. Super nice guy. He and Bruton Smith were good friends and Bruton named one of the grandstands here at Z-Max after John Force.

Last night I went over to the airport to do some nighttime takeoffs and landings so I can take the wife and a longtime friend up for fireworks viewing tomorrow night. (I don't often do night flying, and FAA regs require a minimum of 3 takeoffs and landings at night in the preceding 90 days if I am to take passengers with me.) They finally finished resurfacing the runway and grooving/painting it this week - nice and smooooooth! :cool:

Most of the local municipalities will be doing their pyrotechnics displays tomorrow night during our flight, so hopefully it's a good show! I'll try and capture some of it to share. A couple of members here will probably recognize the Cedar Point peninsula - though this time it should be a little more lively!

Sounds good dude! I remember some of the other videos you've done.