Chatbox Thread

I just got home. By the time I got there it was on the shoulder so traffic was flowing.

Normally I get off at 140 and take Kingston Pike to 11. Funny enough the Apple Maps said that way was clogged up. Most likely everyone bypassing that wreck.

Last edited:
I've had to drive to sutherland on kingston pike in the morning, after hitting it at lovell. Knoxville traffic is a clusterfuck, on a good day.
Something that really pissed me off in 2020, was that If I could get around this one set of assholes, I could make good time getting home. They apparently came from downtown at 4 o clock, and drove 55 mph to the split. this fucked traffic for miles, by the time I hit it at papermill at 5pm.

TDOT just announced they're widening 40 from Lovell to 321/95 and adding a lane within the next five years. All the bridges will be rebuilt in that stretch. They're also closing the scales. 75 will gain a lane to 321 as well.

Currently it clogs up between Lovell and Campbell Station where the lane ends going west. Coming east it backs up because you have four lanes going to three after the merge plus the hill to climb with trucks slowing down to go into the scales.

The lane they're adding is the new "Pay to use" lane they've been wanting to do. I'm completely opposed to it. Enforce the lane blocking rules, before adding new revenue generating lanes to line the pols pockets. Our repub government never met a fee or tax they didn't like to pass to us. But we can pay for private schools for their kids. :(

The lane they're adding is the new "Pay to use" lane they've been wanting to do. I'm completely opposed to it. Enforce the lane blocking rules, before adding new revenue generating lanes to line the pols pockets. Our repub government never met a fee or tax they didn't like to pass to us. But we can pay for private schools for their kids. :(
Pay lanes are still being considered. TDOT got the green light to pursue them, but they haven't been confirmed for Knoxville yet. The HOV lanes in the Nashville area are likely to be converted to pay lanes.

I do agree that enforcing the truck restrictions needs to happen more. I make it a habit to call trucking companies and send them photos of their trucks camped out in the left lane blocking traffic.

I personally don't mind them as long as there is an EZPass option, trucks are prohibited from using them, and Tennessee continues to not levy an income tax. Bonus points if hybrids get a free ride like they do in the HOV lanes.

(9.75% sales tax is more regressive than an income tax. And you get to pay for the rich kids to go to private school out of that. And our federal taxes will pay for the pay lane, and the schools too. :) There is always a hand in your pocket; these guys are getting close to my balls, lol.

10% is 10%; either way, it sux. All that pays for is overhead; the important stuff is paid for from other taxes; gas tax pays for roads, (kinda, lol. our roads suck. compared to the 70's) 10x more cops, 10x more bs, 90% less fun.)

I can't share my true opinions on cops in a public forum because I'd likely get banned.

I grew up around cops, in the 60's and 70's. as long as you weren't black, you could get away with damn near anything, but assault with a weapon, reckless driving, or general mayhem. When Reagan did the war on drugs, and then flooded the streets with cocaine, it all went to hell. Cops went Gestapo, due to crackheads with guns.

Great day to be an Apple user.

Seems to only be affecting systems using Crowdstrike software

10% is 10%; either way, it sux. All that pays for is overhead; the important stuff is paid for from other taxes; gas tax pays for roads, (kinda, lol. our roads suck. compared to the 70's) 10x more cops, 10x more bs, 90% less fun.)
Next to prostitution, collecting taxes is one of the oldest professions....

Simpsons did it !lol
Obligatory South park reference.
I watched the new bevis and butthead, and it ended with them taking a car, and going to the beach, then the car gets dropped into a shredder.

Was this supposed to go in the humor thread ?? I've driven past this actual Meta sign many times when I was working in Redwood City. 🤔

Did you guys watch the SNL with Ryan Reynolds, where they did Beavis and buttead? if not, look it up. Keenan thompson was awesome, losing his shit, lol.

Dudes! this as to be the best reason in the world, to miss the medal.

:rofl:
Now I have a new excuse or not making the team, lol. not that it would be true, but...