Chatbox Thread

Anyone happen to have photos of the interiors of our cars, completely bare? No interior panels at all.
Need anything more specific? I've got quite a few with insulation as well, but if I look back I should have more without

Need anything more specific? I've got quite a few with insulation as well, but if I look back I should have more without
If you can, a more detailed photo the firewall with no dash/insulation.

IMG_20200921_142432306.jpgIMG_20200921_142506639.jpg

The last one is likely the best I can find. I don't have the dash on yet, but I have dynamat in. Let me know if you need any other angles

.....and all this time I thought there was an actual metal dash frame. You know, where the display mounts to, the air vents go... like in an old truck...

Seriously though, fascinating photos.

.....and all this time I thought there was an actual metal dash frame. You know, where the display mounts to, the air vents go... like in an old truck...

Seriously though, fascinating photos.

There is, it’s just removed with the dash. Here’s my 94 with the pad only removed but it’s more of a skeleton on 94-97s vs 89-93s, those have a more substantial metal dash frame that follows the shape of(most of) the dash

IMG_2526.jpeg

Very interesting.... Ford really did make a lot of changes from the 93 to 94 years.

Very interesting.... Ford really did make a lot of changes from the 93 to 94 years.

Kind of 92-94 years, 93s were originally supposed to get the 94 dash/bumpers and 4.6 option but production delays postponed it making 93s very transitional in various aspects.

Screenshot_20240730-203848.png
Here's an 89-93 dash. Pad is part of the frame. And there's a lot of frame. The guy who I'm planning to build my cage was shocked at how dash is built.

I think the metal frame might be why they’re so crack prone compared to the 94-97

I think the metal frame might be why they’re so crack prone compared to the 94-97
The plan with mine is to either spend the time to cut it down to just the pad, or to make a fiberglass mold. Issue with the mold will be the cracks.

The plan with mine is to either spend the time to cut it down to just the pad, or to make a fiberglass mold. Issue with the mold will be the cracks.

You can fix the cracks after the plug is created - just fill with gel coat. ( especially if you were planning on producing more than one mold ) .. Or leave them in the plug and fill the cracks in the mold. 😉

The federal authorities made a visit to my jobsite .. more dead bodies. These ones were from the late 80s .. three teenage girls.

The murderer on death row confessed to the locations, hidden in some underground tunnels.

Shit that doesn't make the news .. 😕

We talking serial killer dumping ground, or what?

What happened to the owners of the old forum? Did they go kaput?

I went to go visit another forum owner by them for which I'm a member of, and it eventually errored out. Error 409. To make sure, I go visit the old forum, just to see, and same thing, error 409.

Is that a my problem or a their problem thing? TBF, I've only tried from my phone and not another device or computer. So it might as well be me for all I know.

Has there been any further movement on Scanning/printing new bezels for the later model interiors? I have a potential lead on a company that'll make them

Reactions: Irv
I could go back downtown to try and re-scan it, but I would almost certainly need to take a day off work as they close the facility at like 6:00, and it took a combined 6 or 8 hours for me to do the scan and export it. They were saying they were expecting to get an upgraded/new scanner the last time, but based on the web page for it, it's the same one that was there last time.

I do see a new scan tool in the list though, I'd have to speak with them to see if it'd be better than the old arm.

If I did it again, I'd certainly take a little more time to be sure I got the multiple angles perfectly lined up, then export it at a lower poly count to make it easier to work with.

If I did take a day off to go up there, I'd almost prefer to take a 94-96 bezel AND my 97 bezel to scan both at the same time... but I also don't have a mint 94-96 bezel.

The alternative would be for me to see if the one school I work with has a 3D scanner in their makerspace now. They keep getting grants to buy stuff, so it's possible...

Last edited:
I'm getting ready to pull the one in the red car. If I can get it off in one piece We could use it. it's a '96.
I'm putting in a 97 cupholder.

I have a mint 94-96 bezel wrapped in bubble wrap sitting in a box if you are wanting to scan one.

My manager in charge of the school I know of that has lots of makerspace goodies says they do indeed now have a 3D scanner. I'll see about getting some time with it after we get caught up with our backlog. Busy season... :roll: