Classifieds and Auctions Thread

Looks rather clean, especially inside.

I seem to recall seeing that T bird for sale not too long ago. :unsure:

Cali 48K. Likely a 3.8?
1717872708946.png

PNW did not sell for 6+ months. 2500 price reduction
1717872772295.png

Charging $10,000 for a car and not photographing the engine bay is such bs. But yes, power of deduction says that’s a 3.8. In 93 it would have the V8 emblems on the fenders if it were a 5.0

What is happening here
1718500750280.png

Holy smokes! What a babe :bawling:
1719360770669.png

4500 for a low milage
1719360920833.png

Mismatched paint?
1719361064768.png

Holy smokes! What a babe :bawling:
View attachment 6179

That Teal Green with matching interior...

1719362678056.gif

I'd be extremely wary of a car from Minnesota or Pennsylvania unless there wasn't any rust on the underside. I'd stick with Tennessee, Georgia (away from the coast) and Central/North Alabama and Mississippi, South Carolina (away from the coast), possibly North Louisiana, South Arkansas and certainly Texas (away from the coast). Not sure about Oklahoma, but certainly Arizona as well. All of the Tbirds that I have bought (Alabama and Georgia) were very clean, almost rust free. I own an F250 that was a Florida truck. Extremely rusted because it lived on the Gulf Coast...

I worked in automotive too long and did far too many PPIs on overvalued turdboxes where someone who didn't know cars was about to be fleeced. I've got no tolerance for anyone selling a POS far above what it is worth.
So I've been meaning to ask, this may not be the thread, but I couldn't resist Derp's comment above.

So I have a 96 V8 LX in decent shape. I bought it for $1000 in non-running condition. I tried to get it for less but he wouldn't budge. The guy I bought it from said was owned by his parents. Proverbial "Just drove it to the post office and grocery store a couple times a week" situation. He told me he used to start it about once a month and let it warm up just to keep it viable. He said one day it wouldn't start. Cranks, but not start. When I got in it and turned on the key, I didn't hear the fuel pump so I knew how to get it running. This car looked great except for a crappy headliner and flaking/oxidized paint. So I bought it.

Since then I've replaced the fuel pump, new odometer gear, replaced the window "buttons", all front suspension components, steering rack and pump/lines, rebuilt the transmission/torque converter, replaced dry-rotted tires (Yokahma Avid Ascend), replaced the headlight bulbs and restored the headlight housings, cleaned the carpet which is still in good condition and I'm about to replace the headliner. Oh yeah, last week I replaced the engine mounts and installed poly sway-bar bushings from Supercoupe Performance.

This car runs good, drives great and needs a paint job. It now has about 98K miles. I don't think I'll drive it all that long before I put it up for sale. What is this car worth? I think I've got about $2500 in parts in to it. I'd want to make something for my effort, I'm thinking of asking at least $4500 for it, but how many people will bite on a car that has bad paint for that price? Even if the paint were perfect? I certainly wouldn't ask as much as the previously mentioned dude earlier in the thread but what is reasonable for a classic car that drives well, has a good interior and is in excellent mechanical condition, but needs a paint job?

Just asking...

The difference between your car and that car is that yours has clearly been maintained and doesn't have defective safety equipment. That car had serious and significant flaws but was priced as if it was a mint SC. $4500 would be fair for what you've got. Paint is cosmetic, seatbelts are not.

That car also had bad paint. He just wrapped it to hide it.

View attachment 6577

Nice Cougar, and comes with all the anniversary accessories.

Is the crystal white tricoat paint a 97 only option? On my 96 it is just lists it as, "tri coat" and it seems a bit darker shade of white.

Yes YZ Crystal White was 97 only and sold along with the normal 94-97 pearl white(WR). IIRC it’s the same shade of pearl white used on Mark VIIIs

Really nice Cougar!!! And a reasonable asking price.

Are any of our members close to it? Somebody please pick it up!

If it was close to me I would be all over it. With that condition, low miles, all the anniversary parts brand new... Some here will maybe disagree; but it's a good buy and will appreciate. Worse case it would hold value better over time than inflation

I saw it on my marketplace. If I had a place to put it it'd be a sweet driver to have around. It's about 5 hours from me.

Virginal 1997 w/ chrome fanblades with fairly low miles

This one has been around the block a few times.

Last edited:
If you are anywhere close and desire a pretty much turn-key MN12 you need to check this out. Almost my car's 1 year younger sibling. If it is as advertised the price is not unreasonable although I would try to talk them down a little.
97 White Bird.jpg
These are getting more rare every day, especially in this condition.

I do not want to convert a 95 or earlier to a later trans, so 96 or later for me. Id love to find a good sc, but everyone wants top dollar, even if its trashed. I looked at one in '17, that dude wanted 5k for. The seats were wasted, 120k miles, suspension trashed, brake rotors bad. As I was telling him no, I noticed the hole in the rocker,lol. Offered him $50, and left,lol.

The interior is not too bad on this one. But that's about it.

I am horrified and ashamed that a fellow Washingtonian would do that to that poor car. My deepest apologies to all.

When I come to power, anyone who thinks the Retrobird kits look good will be shot on sight.

The interior is not too bad on this one. But that's about it.

I am horrified and ashamed that a fellow Washingtonian would do that to that poor car. My deepest apologies to all.
Oof. And fender skirts too? That's hurtful.