Classifieds and Auctions Thread

And a few local cats for sale:

'96 xr7 $6K

'95 xr7 $5.5K

"95 xr7 $2K

If I didn't already have one, I would pick #2.

How is the rust on cars in Seattle?

I agree, that second one is super nice. Rare to find one that nice with 120k miles.

For as much as it rains rust is surprisingly not that bad here.

Yes that one is a clean surviver.

For as much as it rains rust is surprisingly not that bad here.

Yes that one is a clean survivor.
When the family lived in California, my dad always said not to buy a car from California due to the salt air.

I agree, that second one is super nice. Rare to find one that nice with 120k miles.
That one would solve my problem with having to deal with a V6. Since i know so much about these cars and the V8, I could be like Derek on VGG, fly out to Seattle with nothing more than some tools and a pray and drive it 1500 miles.

Except this car has been used most of the time.... it has not been sitting for 20 years.

Last edited:
When the family lived in California, my dad always said not to buy a car from California due to the salt air.

That’s only an issue if you’re in a town like right on the coast. Inland CA cars generally cream of the crop in terms of rust issues.

Rain isn't much of a problem; salt is the killer. I would worry about salt air from an ocean, tho. my FL relatives buy cars up here, every few years.

The interior is not too bad on this one. But that's about it.

I am horrified and ashamed that a fellow Washingtonian would do that to that poor car. My deepest apologies to all.
Gotta be a felony...

Fairly clean real XR7 on eBay.... Higher miles; but no rust and the metal intake would make it a nice daily!

Unfortunately the reserve is probably set up to a "I know what I got" price.

She’s really nice, I wish I had more storage space. But then I’d be broke.

Fairly clean real XR7 on eBay.... Higher miles; but no rust and the metal intake would make it a nice daily!

Unfortunately the reserve is probably set up to a "I know what I got" price.
It's a dealer so reserve is most likely ridiculously high. The steering wheel must be pretty nasty for them to leave that cheesy cover on there. +100 points for multiple view of the trunk with and without the spare tire!

I'm just happy to know I'm not the only one whose blue carpet has faded to purple.

I'm just happy to know I'm not the only one whose blue carpet has faded to purple.

I'm biased of course, but the best color in my opinion is beige/tan for that very reason: it ages the best.

Blue, red, and green tend to fade more visibly. And grey tends to show brownish stains all over.

I will admit that my front seats are pretty faded, but I can live with it.

Recently I saw a YouTube video where someone painted his entire carpet using Dupli-Color Vinyl/Fabric, and it looked very good.

I'm biased of course, but the best color in my opinion is beige/tan for that very reason: it ages the best.

Blue, red, and green tend to fade more visibly. And grey tends to show brownish stains all over.

I will admit that my front seats are pretty faded, but I can live with it.

Recently I saw a YouTube video where someone painted his entire carpet using Dupli-Color Vinyl/Fabric, and it looked very good.
I want to re-upholster my seats at some point. It's pretty far down the list though.

I want to re-upholster my seats at some point. It's pretty far down the list though.

Meanwhile, one thing that's really nice with cloth seat covers is washing them.

Take them off. Cold water plus mild laundry detergent in a big tub. Handwash. Rinse in cold water several times. Then air dry for like 24 hours.

They'll be nice and fresh!

Mine have faded to purple. :zshrug:

It is what it is.

My rear seats are way darker than the front. I wonder if the original owner had a blanket over them. The good thing is that Light Prairie Tan fades to Even Lighter Prairie Tan - the overall color isn't too far off.

I suggest you watch a few videos where people did the Dupli-Color thing. Some of those look really impressive.

It's a dealer so reserve is most likely ridiculously high. The steering wheel must be pretty nasty for them to leave that cheesy cover on there. +100 points for multiple view of the trunk with and without the spare tire!

I put in a bid for kicks and the dealership promptly called me and left a VM. Apparently they want 5k. Somewhat fair these days IMO
Would be willing to go to 3500

Years ago, I think around 2000, I went to a dealer with cash for a 88 SC. It was not in that great of shape, had miles on it, I don't think the turbo worked either. I offered $1000 cash and they did not take it. Their loss. I bet it went to the auction shortly after.

I put in a bid for kicks and the dealership promptly called me and left a VM. Apparently they want 5k. Somewhat fair these days IMO
Would be willing to go to 3500
That really isn't too bad for a dealer. I do like the 94/95 Cougars. Even better if it were pearl like XR-7 4.6's car. I agree, I would go $3500 for that rig.

I know we have a few folks in Vegas, so...
Screenshot_20240822-203655.png

One thing I can't wrap my head around is the shocks. Custom upper mounts?

It was probably put together for a factory five build.

That’s a mild curiosity to me, I have long been aware of the kit car applications of the MN12 IRS but I always assumed the knuckles were the main part scavenged for them, while the arms and IRS cradle were custom. I’d have thought that’s the case given most factory 5s have much lower offset retro style wheels than the wide MN12 IRS seemingly would require