Classifieds and Auctions Thread

The K-car was Chrysler’s Swiss army chassis in the 80s. They made literally everything out of that platform: subcompact cars, midsize cars, luxury sedans, sports cars, minivans, and yes, even pickup trucks. On the bright side, they are dead simple and because they made so damn many of them, it would probably be easy enough to keep one running forever for cheap. On the downside, they are cheaply built, underpowered, rust prone tin cans that felt and drove like a shitbox when they were brand new, and I’m sure 40 years has not improved that situation.

Id like to learn stick on a rust bucket like that and turn it around for no profit. Cant do that now. Itd be a proper grocery getter for that learning span

The Rampage wasnt technically a K car as Omni/horizon for which it’s based predates it a few years. Fundamentally they’re similar.

They’re not bad tbh. Front wheel drive is a dirty word in modern standards but EARLY front wheel drive for which those fall was light nimble and a fairly unique driving experience, crude as they were. It’s not good handling per say but extremely tossable in a way that’s hard to describe and nothing like modern FWD.

Learning stick is much easier on a torquey car than a small engined car, I felt like I’d never master it driving (or attempting to drive) Civics at the time I learned but moderately sized V6s and V8s is where it’s at, stalling is actually difficult.

I don't know if I've ever seen a four headlight Rampage in person. There can't be many of those rolling around. All I've ever seen are the single headlight versions. I think they are kind of cool. Their proportions are pretty good for a car/truck. Would be cool to put an SRT-4 engine and 5 speed transmission in one, but then again I say that about every 80's Chrysler that came with a 2.2L.

I wouldn’t even do that, just crank up the boost on one of the older turbo motors. I remember when I was in high school, one kid had an 80s Caravan with the turbo-4 and a home-made boost controller, and it was hilarious watching him do FWD burnouts with the fake wood paneling.

1990 SC. OP says it's non-op registered.

I learned stick in 5 minutes, on a 1600cc Subaru. I had no issues whatsoever with it. I already knew how to use a clutch, from 10 years of riding a bike.
Some peeps never learn, and kill clutches repeatedly. I would recommend Subaru's for learning; they apparently have a lock om the 'hill holder' feature. It helps a lot, when you're learning. The idiot that bout my tbird never learned to use a clutch properly, so his Harley eats two a year, and 3 sets of rear brake pads; he also never learned to use the front brake either, lol. his Harley hasn't run in 10 years because he let a chain wear until it broke, and it broke the cases. It took him less than a year to trash the tbird. :roll:

Last edited:

Here is Mark VIII that would be good for parts. It is not very far from me, so I am seriously thinking about it. But what parts would I really want or need? I've read here about the driveshaft but beyond that I am not sure what would be useful.

It has a slightly better 4R70W, aluminum rear pumpkin, aluminum rear lower control arms, and the 4V 4.6 if you are up for an intense engine swap but dang that thing looks like a runner to me. Hate to see a good 97/98 Mark VIII parted out.

I thought it was the earlier Mark VIII's that had the good driveshaft, but I cannot remember anymore.

If that were close to me and not rusty I'd grab that pretty quick.

has been lowered in a trade
I think what he means here is the air bag suspension has seen better days and doesn't work so well anymore.

93 was the year marks got the one piece aluminum driveshaft. The other years are not really an improvement besides no rust.

I basically gave away my 93 when I moved:facepalm:. There is a reputable seller on ebay that sells them every so often, I got mine from him for 300 shipped. That was also about 8 years ago so they are probably double that now if you can find one.

This is near me, and looks crazy clean. Just no want for a brown 3.8 car....